How to make a picture bigger for Desktop Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a picture bigger for Desktop Background

I have a photo I want to use as my Desktop background but its only filling half the Screen ? how do I make it fill all the Screen ??? thanks

You could try setting it to "Stretch" in the setup. Might work depending on the size of your picture.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

If 'stretch to fit' oes not work
      You could use a graphics program to resize the original to be the same size as your desktop
      If you do this save the changed version as a new file, so that your original is still avalilable for you.

If you have Office installed, then use the Office Tool application of picture Manager to do this
      Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

You should look at the size properties of your desktop to see what size it is set at, so that you can resize to the correct dimensions

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Wendy and Trevor, I dont know how to do that Wendy ?? and I dont have Office Trevor and that link seems to be for Windows 7 ???

Comment

Hello Val,

I am not an expert as you know on tweeking a PC. I had a picture that did not fit the screen and I went to Control Panel, Selected Display, Selected Desktop Background and then Browse and Selected the photograph that I wanted to use from My Pictures. I selected it, Apply, OK and it filled my screen.

Maybe I was just lucky but it maybe worth a try.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi thats what I did last time I used a photo but this time it is only half the screen size ?? dont know why .
            I'll have a fiddle with it tomorrow thanks Margaret .

Comment

ooh I did it but its a bit too close to the screen ? looks stretched , so tried the other option and have a lot of smaller ones filling the screen .

Comment

Val, looks like you found the Stretch and Tile options. Tile will give you multiples of the same image. Stretch may distort the picture as it depends on the original size and your screen resolution, i.e. if the picture is portrait orientation, it will never fit exactly unless it is cropped, thus losing parts of the picture. Enlarging it may affect the quality. I'd be happy to try to resize it for you so that it's a better fit. Just PM me if you need help.
                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

yes please Lorry , going out soon but back tonight

Comment

Working...
                  X