Shrink to fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrink to fit

Hi - this option was easy to do in Vista and XP, but in Word 2010 I am having problems.

I have followed the instructions per the following:

To start, click the File tab, click Options, and click Customize Ribbon.

In the Choose commands from list, click All Commands.

Scroll through that long list until you reach Shrink One Page, and then click it.

Under Customize the ribbon, click the custom group where you want to add the command. In my case, I'll click the plus sign next to my custom Writing tab and then I'll click my custom Printing group. [I]Here it shows a picture of Main tabs and underneath Writing (Custom) (which is checked, and underneath that is Printing (custom) which is highlighted. I do not have Writing (custom) in my list. I have everything else, but not that one. (hence my problem)[/I]

Click Add, and then click OK.

Now, the Shrink One Page command is on the ribbon.
    Last edited by jood; 11-06-11, 12:55.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about your printer?
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Jood,
      I can only assume you are talking about Word if you are customising ribbons - cannot you just go straight to your Quick Access Toolbar and put it there? Which version are you using?
      Marion
      There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Yes I'm talking about Word (before you print - when you want to try and put two pages onto one when there are only a few lines used in page two). I'm using Word 2010 and it is so different. I can't even find out where to create a new page, when you already have a page open (that you are not ready to save, or file)

I'm also confused why they call it "ribbon" - what is the "ribbon" . I'll have to go back and study everything again. Thanks for your help.

Please note - I have altered my first message to read Word 2010 insstead of Win 7 which probably confused you - and everyone else lol (sorry)

Comment

Hi Jood,
          To create a New Page you go to File, New and then select Blank Document (the first template you see)

Haven't needed the Shrink to Fit so far so will have a look for this. The "Ribbon" (just a different name!!) is the Toolbar across the top that has File, Home, Insert, Page Layout, References, Mailings, Review, View etc.

At the far top left hand side is what is called a Quick Access Bar - I have put my "always use" items there (Format Painter, Save, Close, Print Preview etc) - I suggest that is where you put your Shrink item (right click on the Quick Access Bar and it will come up with Customise Your Quick Access Bar.

I admit it is completely confusing but I am gradually getting use to it - same as Windows 7!!!

Marion

Comment

Don't know if this of any help?

Marion

Comment

Ummm .... haven't ever used "shrink to fit". If I have a Word Document that nees to be all on one page I just alter the size of the font until it fits. I that what you mean?

Anne

Comment

Yes Anne, that is the obvious way to shrink it, but there has always been an automatic "shrink it" in previous versions of word, and I was wondering where it was in Word 2010. I know now.

Comment

Working...
                X