Has anyone else noticed this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else noticed this ?

Bet you've all known it for ages. I've just been searching for someone on the LDS site. As you know, there's a search you get on the "first page" & a new type of search you can click to get onto. I'd got the details of the person I was searching for...just wanted ti check again. I normally go through the new search, but, for reasons best known to myself, I used the original search this time. There weren't that many entries, but the person didn't appear on the old search at all, but was there on the new search

I've been told that the most recently indexed records are not necessarily available on "pilot" but I haven't experienced that. In fact, I've found a record with pilot that I couldn't find with the latest FamilySearch, but that was probably just me.

I believe that the old version of FamilySearch ("previous site") does not have access to the newly-indexed database, but has access to the old records some of which appear to be unavailable in either of the two new searches?

Comment

I think that's right, certainly the new site shows records not on the old one. I must admit I prefer using the old search interface and more confident that it is actually giving relevant results. The new site seems to throw up all kinds of odd results - for me anyway!
      Margaret

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

The best way to use the site is to go on this link and scroll down before filling in details, then if you are looking for a BMD in the UK click Europe, then check for England Births ect and click which one you want after reading down the full list as there are some Counties records there too.
        I sometimes if I know the parish just add the parish without names then once in there add the name.
        Or add the County before adding the name.
        This way you get less junk which means nothing to you.

IE: Europe, England Births, Lancashire, Liverpool, St Peters, then name but open each one seperatley then adding the next bit of info.

Edna

Comment

Working...
        X