Two LMA Marriage queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two LMA Marriage queries

1. Marriage of John Webb Coster and Elizabeth Ansty 25/7/1824 in the Parish of Finchley, St Mary, Middlesex.
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=View&r=5538&dbid=1623&iid=31280_199088-00312&fn=John+Webb&ln=Coster&st=r&ssrc=&pid=426673 0

Can anyone read what it says in the section with consent of ? It looks like “No funds” to me but would that make sense?

2. Banns of Joseph Penman (transcribed as Panman) and Catherine Isebister 11/8/1822 in Tower Hamlets
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=View&r=5538&dbid=1623&iid=31280_194784-00041&fn=Joseph&ln=Panman&st=r&ssrc=&pid=2114948

What does Ralf mean after the name of the Groom? Some other entries on the same page also have this and others have what looks like M E O J or T.

Their marriage took place on 18/8/1822 but the entries have been transcribed as Joseph Periman and Catherine Isebistes.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

M E O T means Mile End Old Town.

I wonder if on the Coster = Anstey marriage it says 'no banns'?

Don't know what Raft means.

Margaret

Comment

I can't access it but I expect it says "with consent of friends" which was a fairly common thing for an underage orphan girl.

OC

Comment

Oh yes, that more like it OC - thanks. It's shown on quite a few on the page.
        Margaret

Comment

I think the other abbreviation is Ratf for Ratcliff
          Jackie

Comment

Oh Thankyou everyone. The MEOT makes sense and the marriage cert shows their place of residence was Ratcliff.

Will do a bit more investigation regarding Elizabeth. I have her birth as 1803 which would make her 21 (or almost). Her parents might well have died by then and " with consent of friends" could quite reasonably be what is written.

I love this site and the people who contribute.

Comment

Goes to prove that two heads (or more) are better than one
              Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X