Alice Kate White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Kate White

Please could somebody help, I have inherited a very old photograph album, but unfortunately none of the photos are identified.

There is however a photo of a couple taken in Yokohama and then there is a photo of a grave also in Yokohama which says Alice Kate, beloved wife of WJ White died - it looks like August 1878 aged 2...years and 7 months.

Have tried Free MBD, but don't know where to go next!

Thanks

Di

I've had a look in the GRO Overseas death indexes (free to view on www.familyrelatives.com and also on FMP). Can't see her there.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thank you for your trouble.

Di

Comment

The death is on the GRO indexes

Name: WHITE, Alice Kate
        Consulate: Yedo
        Year: 1871-1875
        Volume: 5
        Page: 1225

I believe you can order a certificate in the usual way.
        Sue

Comment

Should have looked in adjacent timeslots! It's as clear as anything.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thank you so much, perhaps they are related in some way, though haven't come across a White yet!

Di

Comment

There are also two children named White born in Kanagawa, Japan in the same time frame, Elizabeth Phoebe and Frederick Charles. Obviously not definitely the same family but worth considering, perhaps.
              Sue

Comment

Can see Elizabeth Phoebe and Frederick Charles born Japan at school in Wye, Kent in the 1881 census.

Di

Comment

It seems Elizabeth married Leonard KNOTT in 1890 in Windsor RD and was in Stevenage in 1891.

Comment

That's great, believe I have found two children, Leonard Arthur and William.

Di

Comment

Do you know who the W J White is? I have some one called Walter John White is a tree I am doing for a relative and his wife was Alice and there is a degree of mystery surrounding them.
                      Margaret

Comment

I'm sorry I have no idea who WJ White is. Wondered if it was William as his grandson had been given that name. If you would like to give me an e-mail address, will scan the photo in for you.

They have to be on my side of the family and my grandmother was called Alice, so have tried looking for marriages with all the permutations of surnames in them, but so far no joy!

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X