Help appreciated death of keziah Taverner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help appreciated death of keziah Taverner

Hi there I am trying to locate a death record for my great great grandmother Keziah Taverner nee Grainger, I believe she was born or baptised on 17th jan 1858 in Frimby surrey, she came to london and was a servant in Camden, which is where she settled & where she met an apprentice to a baker called William John Taverner, in 1882 they married at st pancras old church, which is one of the oldest christian worship sites in England.

In 1911 she was living at 122 Weedington road Kentish town camden, by that time she was 53. I dont have any further information for her past 1911 & have wracked my brains trying to find her death record so thought I would ask you good folks here!

Keziahs husband William John Taverner, a baker all his working life, died in August 1926 and is buried in a common grave in st pancras cemetery, I do not know if Keziah was still alive then or not

I expect that Keziah who has also been spelt as Kezia has been wrongly or badly transcribed, the surname Taverner has come up as both 'savernes' and 'Tavenes' during some of my searches which is a common problem I know.

I am also missing the 1901 census for them, however it is Keziahs death year i am really hoping for help with!
    Many thanks if you are able to help :¬)

1901 census, transcribed on Ancestry as William and Keizah Tommer
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

... still looking for Keziah's death!
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine, thank you so much! I have been looking so hard to find that! It is indeed correct as the childrens names are right! *delighted* :¬)

Comment

Kerziah Tavener, age at death 89 (therefore born c 1858)
        Jan-Feb-Mar 1947
        Paddington, volume 5d, page 181
        Elaine

Comment

Oh Elaine! you have made my day, thank you so very much I couldnt find it at all, bless you! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by ajchambers8 View Post
            Hi there I am trying to locate a death record for my great great grandmother Keziah Taverner nee Grainger, I believe she was born or baptised on 17th jan 1858 in Frimby surrey, she came to london and was a servant in Camden, which is where she settled & where she met an apprentice to a baker called William John Taverner, in 1882 they married at st pancras old church, which is one of the oldest christian worship sites in England.

In 1911 she was living at 122 Weedington road Kentish town camden, by that time she was 53. I dont have any further information for her past 1911 & have wracked my brains trying to find her death record so thought I would ask you good folks here!

Keziahs husband William John Taverner, a baker all his working life, died in August 1926 and is buried in a common grave in st pancras cemetery, I do not know if Keziah was still alive then or not

I expect that Keziah who has also been spelt as Kezia has been wrongly or badly transcribed, the surname Taverner has come up as both 'savernes' and 'Tavenes' during some of my searches which is a common problem I know.

I am also missing the 1901 census for them, however it is Keziahs death year i am really hoping for help with!
            Many thanks if you are able to help :¬)

Hello, I have just come across this old post as I was doing a search of this address. I also have Taverners in my family that I am related to. I have just started looking at it as my son is taking the death plaque for Alfred Edgar Tavener into school. At the time of his death on 25.04.1916 he lived at 122 Weedington Rd, Kentish Town!

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma Hughes View Post
              Hello, I have just come across this old post as I was doing a search of this address. I also have Taverners in my family that I am related to. I have just started looking at it as my son is taking the death plaque for Alfred Edgar Tavener into school. At the time of his death on 25.04.1916 he lived at 122 Weedington Rd, Kentish Town!
              Hi thanks for the reply, I just looked at my tree and I have a George Edgar Taverner at the same address who was the son of Keziah & William john Taverner (my great great grandfather) , maybe your Alfred Edgar was one of Williams brothers? I am not exactly where he fits in but he obviously does by merit of the address
              Do send me a pm if you like x

ps it looks like Keziah went on to live until 1947 and was 81 when she died
              Last edited by ajchambers8; 02-10-14, 19:12.

Comment

Wasn't Keziah 89 when she died, not 81?
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  Wasn't Keziah 89 when she died, not 81?
                  I think you are right, my mistake, cant think how I put 81!

Comment

Here's A E Tavener on the Commonwealth War Graves website, son of Robert John Tavener of 122 Weedington Rd http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...VENER,%20A%20E
                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                      Here's A E Tavener on the Commonwealth War Graves website, son of Robert John Tavener of 122 Weedington Rd http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...VENER,%20A%20E
                      Wow thank you, I'll have to try and find him, I don't even have his father on my tree and as it is the same address and same family name, it has to be the same family, think I will look at the 1911 census again to see if the address had been split in to separate households, as happened on another line of mine, very exciting to find new people.

Comment

Hi, I am building Alfred Tavener's profile on the Lives of the First World War site. You can log in and 'remember' him. There is a hand written document I have posted which details all of his siblings and their D.O.B's, and I will add more in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/...4457641#images

Hi, I am building Alfred Tavener's profile on the Lives of the First World War site. You can log in and 'remember' him. There is a hand written document I have posted which details all of his siblings and their D.O.B's, and I will add more in the next couple of weeks.
                          How lovely! I still havent managed to work out the link yet, but it MUST be there! Do you know the name of Roberts JOhns father? Also do you know where the family were in 1911? that was when mine were at 122 weedon rd, I would really love to see if we can work this out

Comment

I will ask my dad and see if he knows anything!

Comment

You may need to set up a profile on Www.livesofthefirstworldwar.org to view Alfred's link

Comment

You may need to set up a profile on Www.livesofthefirstworldwar.org to view Alfred's link
                                Hi no the link worked perfectly without any log in needed!
                                If you can find out from your dad that would be great I know that the address and surname means there must be a link, we really need to establish what that is as it puts everyone in context a bit more
                                Last edited by ajchambers8; 10-11-14, 20:40.

Comment

Hi, I have been spending the last month building up the Tavener family tree on Ancestry. I can't find a link between your William John Tavener and the Taveners in my family. What I have found out from the electoral registers is that your William John Tavener was registered at 120 Weedington Rd in 1907 and 1908, and then at no. 122 in 1912-1915. It was a rental property split into two dwellings. It seems as though my Taveners moved in 1916 (from 4 Ferdinand Place), and at that time William is no longer registered to the address. My Taveners were still registered there as late as 1930. It is possible that it's a co-incidence, but I will keep looking. Have you built a family tree on Ancestry?
                                  My dad had not heard of Keziah at all :-(

Comment

Working...
                                  X