No announcement yet.

Is it possible for me to look at this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for me to look at this ?

I've found a will on Ancestry....as an addendum to a marriage document in 1600. It's in the Lancashire Miscellanies Index (no, I don't know what I'm talking about)

Is it possible to see what's in the will & how would I go about it ?

Can you give us a clue please Grey What is the name and how do we find it?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks very much, Chrissie....someone will have to teach me how to do links to Ancestry !

This isn't the way I originally found it, but I've just done it like this. If you go to the Wills & Probate search in Ancestry...it's for Robert Hudson who died in 1600 in Didsbury, Cheshire. It should come up as the obvious one at the top.

I think my Hudsons may have been related to him in some way, as the last one I can trace for sure ( a Richard Hudson born in the 1640s in Cheshire., but moved to Derbyshire...father Robert Hudson), married somebody from Didsbury, but I can't imagine any of My Lot having been in a position to make a will....if they were, they went downhill fast. I imagine if someone had given them a document to sign, they'd have eaten it.

But it would be interesting if I could read the will.

Thanks again

Comment

All you need to do is copy the url (web address) that you see at the top of the Ancestry page, and then paste it into your post on FTF, like this:
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X