Newspaper obit. Liverpool 1881

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper obit. Liverpool 1881

If anyone has access to online newspapers I'd be grateful for information on the death of Sarah Birkitt Twentyman (nee Fairclough), who died on 17th May 1881 at Birkenhead.
    Widow of Richard Twentyman, first husband was William Nicholson.

There's possibly something in the Liverpool Mercury dated Tuesday June 7th 1881, but I don't have access to it. There was nothing in the "Times Online".

Many thanks.
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

The only reference I can see to the surname Twentyman in the issue that you have given, is a baptism which was carried out by a Rev. Twentyman.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I thought it might refer to the death of Sarah.
      Thanks for looking.
      Her death is a bit of a puzzle, because she lived in Melbourne, Australia & seems to have written her will on Feb. 22nd 1881, then set sail for England on March 4th. I can't find her in England on the 1881 census, also can't find her arrival. I just have a death notice in the Australian press saying she died of acute bronchitis in Birkenhead. She had relatives in Liverpool so guess she must have travelled there. She's not a direct ancestor so I don't want to buy the death cert.
      ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

If she left for England in March, she's unlikely to have arrived until May or June, assuming she survived the voyage.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X