FULL translation help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULL translation help please!!!

Wondering if someone could translate this entire document for me?! I've had someone translate it before but it wasn't complete! Please include the names if you can make them out! Trying to find more clues for Adele Breton dite Kirouac...

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Unless someone has the worldwide (or Canadian) access to Ancestry then they wont be able to view the document. Might be worthwhile explaining what it is and in what language it has been written.
    Elaine

Comment

Yes, to whom ever would like to help with the translation, you will need a Canadian or worldwide membership to Ancestry to view the document. It is a burial record for Adele Breton dite Kirouac, written in French...

Comment

I have got it on my computer but it will not post into photobucket and will not delete from my computer either ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I'm confused...

Comment

Photobucket is a program we use to put pictures of things onto site , the downloaded document would not load into that program for me sorry

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
              Photobucket is a program we use to put pictures of things onto site , the downloaded document would not load into that program for me sorry
              yes i know that! your post was worded funny i guess, or i read it wrong...

i take it you were trying to post the document on the board?!

i could try another way, only if i'm assured i won't be breaking copyright laws.

Comment

You will not break copywrite if you alter the image in some way as far as I know;;;so cropping it to show the part you want translating itself should be ok ,,,
                do remember to make a copy to keep on your comp beforew you crop though

Comment

I uploaded the image from imageshack. Hopefully it works!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by nfradsham; 02-06-11, 05:42.

Comment

mentions joseph courton? dite damour as well as a leopold damour.

Comment

Initial transcription attempt (sometimes things that must, surely, be "e" or "é" look like "i"):

Le quatorze Fevrier, mil neuf cent vingt,
                      nous, pretre vicaire ?roussigne, avons
                      inhumé, dans le cimetiere de cette pa-
                      roisse, le corps d'Adile Breton dite Ki-
                      rouac, dicédie le onze courant, agie de
                      soixante-et-un ans, épouse de Joseph
                      Courbon dit Damour, [s,r]entier de .... pa
                      roisse. Etaient présents à l'inhumation:
                      Joseph Damour, Leopold Damour, Elie ?Simons
                      et d'autres ?parents qui ont signé avec nous.
                      .... faite
                      J B Rousseau
                      H Prou..
                      L A Semire
                      O Clouttes
                      Jos D'amour
                      P H Snors
                      L Parrouac
                      Leopold Damour
                      Jos Sarto Sirois
                      Elie Sirois J A Cousteau ...
                      This could be a starting point for a translation?

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

First stab at a translation:

On the 14th February 1920
                        we, the curate {?roussigne}, have
                        buried, in the cemetery of this
                        parish, the body of Adile Breton, called, Ki-
                        rouac, who died on the 11th of this month, aged
                        61, wife of Joseph
                        Courbon, called Damour, {{s,r}entier} of ?this pa-
                        rish. Present at the burial:
                        Joseph Damour, Leopold Damour, Elie ?Simons
                        and the other ?parishioners who have signed with us
                        {.... faite}

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I should have said that there are others whose French is better founded than mine, who may be able to refine this into something more accurate.

It might help if one of us mods were to add French-to-English as part of the thread heading?

Christine

Comment

I think {?roussigne} is probably soussigné: signed below

rentier: person of private means, or I guess could just mean gentleman?
                            Caroline
                            Caroline's Family History Pages
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Wow! Thank you very much everyone! Another confusing part of this area of my family tree is the name Sirois. It appears twice in Adele's (my great great grandmother) burial record: Elie Sirois & Jos Sarto Sirois, and also in my grandmother's baptism record. Listed as her godfather was Ipolite Sirous (which I know is spelled a bit different). I haven't found anything on this family so far. Maybe if I knew more about this family it may open up some clues on my tree.

Also listed, as my grandmother's godmother, is an Isabelle Labelle. On one of my previous threads, The Mysteries of Adele Breton dite Kerouac, I explained the confusion about my great grandmothers name, on my grandmother's baptism record, as "Marie Josephine Lucie Labelle" where it should have been D'amour.

If anyone could do some addition digging for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

So I did a little digging with the name Joseph Sarto Sirois and found a birth record for a Joseph Rosaire Sarto Sirois in 1903 with parents, Phillippe Sirois and Marie D'AMOUR. I also found a border crossing record for November 1923 for Joseph S Sirois, with his last permanent residence as Nicolet, the place where Adele was buried. His final destination was for Woonsocket, RI.

I also have a border crossing record for Adele and her husband Joseph D'amour for May 1919, which lists their final destination as Woonsocket as well! What the heck is in Woonsocket, RI for this family?! This is also 10 months before Adele died...

Comment

Originally posted by nfradsham View Post
                                  ........l! What the heck is in Woonsocket, RI for this family?! ...
                                  Textile industry - though apparently this closed after the Depression so if they went there for work they wouldn't have been in luck for long.
                                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                                    Textile industry - though apparently this closed after the Depression so if they went there for work they wouldn't have been in luck for long.
                                    I believe they were just visiting. Maybe family? I don't have a world membership on Ancestry so I can't go any further...

Comment

Have you been able to get anything from Family Search?
                                      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

There are 6 French databases:
                                      France Births and Baptisms, 1546-1896: 6,779,071
                                      France Deaths and Burials, 1546-1960: 346,600
                                      France Marriages, 1546-1924: 1,551,382
                                      France, Coutances, Catholic Diocese, 1802-1907: 218,677
                                      France, Protestant Church Records, 1612-1906: 87,872
                                      France, Quimper et Léon Catholic Diocese, 1772-1909: 95,795
                                      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 02-06-11, 21:20.

Comment

I'll try, however, my family originates in Quebec not France.

Comment

Working...
                                        X