A South Australian query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A South Australian query.

A rellie of mine Jane Brimble Westlake born Puriton Somerset on 19 Jan 1834, arrived 3rd April 1849 on the "Mary Ann" from Bristol v Plymouth 25 December 1848 (abt 15 yrs) with her stepfather and stepsister. her stepfather's name was Henry Puddy and stepsister Maria Puddy.

I know she married in Adelaide, South Australia, and I know she had quite a few children, and I know her husband had an accident (to do with a cart I think from memory) - but the information has disappeared off my chart. No idea where I got the info from in the first place, but I was wondering if someone had access to South Australian records for the marriage, the account of the accident, possibly the childrens births, and her subsequent death.

I'm wondering if information disappears off a chart if you don't shut it down properly. It makes me so mad.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Hey Jood, my work friend has all the discs. I'll see if she can do a look up for you. She won't be back till Mon though.
    oakes63 passed away in September 2021

Comment

Thanks Annette, I'd appreciate it - I think she helped me once before - but it was for a different family. A lot of mine came from SA to WA. I'm darned if I know what happened to the original information. I'm not entirely convinced it was South Australia - I have a very vague feeling she may have gone back to Somerset and got married. grrrrrrrrr

Comment

Jane Westlake & James Sealy married June Quarter 1954 Axbridge ,Somerset.Seems as though he might have gone by the surname Mogg as well.

Comment

Thanks Sue - all the way from my home town Perth lol

That's the name - Sealy - I wonder where I would look up details of the accident - maybe Trove???

Comment

Trove would be a good idea, especially if there is a newspaper being published in the area where he had his accident.
            Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Yes, but after I typed that I realised Trove is only for Australia - they married in Somerset, UK after all so I have absolutely no idea where to look now.

Annette - thank your friend, but they were married in the UK - she must have gone back there.

Comment

Working...
              X