Acrobat Adobe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrobat Adobe

I am having trouble opening files which say to be opened in Acrobat Adobe ?
    I updated my Acrobat tonight and it still wont work ??? is there something I can download to fix this problem ?? thanks

What sort of files are they Val - do they have a pdf extension.
    Which version of Adobe Acrobat do you have.
    Elaine

Comment

hi Elaine this is the link its the english version of the marriage cert I want ? it seems to be a Doc File I have Adobe 9

Comment

Which browser are you using ?

It is a Microsoft Word document.

Do you have a version of Microsoft Word on your computer ? If not you may need http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891090
        Last edited by Old Holborn; 01-06-11, 10:28.
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

thanks Old Holborn will look at that, somebody has kindly copied and pasted the forms for me for now but I do need to find out why I couldn't open them ?

Comment

Val,

Why don't you uninstall Acrobat Adobe and re-boot then download it again.

Years ago I did something like that on another PC and it cleared the problem. Just an idea not proven.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret hows you ??? yes I could do that I suppose ?? I did try to update it but I seem to have Acrobat and Adobe as separate programmes ???

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                hi Margaret hows you ??? yes I could do that I suppose ?? I did try to update it but I seem to have Acrobat and Adobe as separate programmes ???
                Old versions of Acrobat installed in a folder called Acrobat
                The newer versions install themselves in the Adobe folder

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                X