X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French / Maltese census

Hi everyone

Not quite what you might have thought

Louisa May French (born 1893 Hackney) married Francisco Maltese (born 1893 Hackney)

The marriage was in 1919 in Bethnal Green

What I would like please is to trace Francisco and his family back through the census as far as possible.

I don’t have ancestry or fmp

Thanks. I'm working so will look in as often as I can.
    Malc

OPC for Coleford, Somerset

I couldn't find him in 1901 but his service record is on Ancestry which shows his father is Antonio who dies in 1928. Probate is granted to Louisa May (wife of Frank) & Philip. There is a will for a Raffaele Filipo (might not have remembered the correct spelling) aka Philip Raphael.

In 1891 Antonio aged 30 born Italy, an ice cream seller is living in Shoreditch with wife Jane & sons Philip & Joseph all born Clerkenwell. Joseph dies in 1896 & there appears to be a son John 1892-3. Francisco was the only birth reg. I could find nor could I find the marriage.

No sign of Antonio in 1881 so assume he arrived in the country some time between 1881 & 1884/5.
    Glen

Comment

In WW1 he is called Frank?

He is 5 ft 3" tall, is a fruiterer, has a scar on his shoulder and his father is Italian (at same address) He is in the Rifle Brigade. In 1919 he got a 20% increase in his pension (temporary) due to pleurisy and a hernia

Name: Frank Maltese
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
      Age at enlistment: 22
      Residence: 221 Victoria Park Rd, Sth Hackney
      Document Year: 1916
      Regiment Name: Batt London??
      Number of images: 19
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 31-05-11, 10:35.

Comment

Thank you Glen and Heather

Louisa May was my mother in laws cousin (a big age difference) Going through mil photos last weekend after she died earlier this year I found a photo that said Mrs Maltese - Hackney.
        Just thought I would see if I could find out a bit more. The London side of my wife's family is quite interesting. Just that she is not interested so I just have a little look now and then.

I'll add this info to the rest.

I'll get a tree put on here soon

Thanks again
        Malc

OPC for Coleford, Somerset

Comment

Working...
        X