1931 Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Census

Hoping to find a way of looking into this and the previous census, I came across a letter which states that the 1931 Census, stored in Hayes, Middlesex was destroyed by fire (not enemy action) and no salvage was possible.

Out of luck with the 1931 census Alan - completely destroyed.
    Elaine

Comment

And the 1921 census (England and Wales) is tied in much tighter legal knots than 1911, so those who come after us are highly unlikely to see it.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thjis is off topic really and probably inappropriate, but every time I see the words "1931 census" I can feel my blood pressure rising sky high in memory of that STUPID STUPID unstoppable thread on GR which urged everyone to sign a petition for the early release of the 1931 census!!!!!!

When I pointed out for the one millionth time that the 1931 census had been completely destroyed by fire during the war, someone triumphantly told me that the war didn't start until 1939...............EH???

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Thjis is off topic really and probably inappropriate, but every time I see the words "1931 census" I can feel my blood pressure rising sky high in memory of that STUPID STUPID unstoppable thread on GR which urged everyone to sign a petition for the early release of the 1931 census!!!!!!

When I pointed out for the one millionth time that the 1931 census had been completely destroyed by fire during the war, someone triumphantly told me that the war didn't start until 1939...............EH???

OC
          On that logic, presumably they don't believe that "myth" of the 60% of WW1 service records being destroyed by WW2 bombing, either!! ;)

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X