Help needed in finding Richard Jones Richardson b 2 Dec 1816

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed in finding Richard Jones Richardson b 2 Dec 1816

I'm stuck. I am trying to find Richard Jones Richardson b 2 Dec 1816 Greenwich and baptised on 2 Feb 1817 at St Alphege Greenwich. His father was William Brown Richardson d1827 and mother Mary Ann d1823. He had siblings Louisa Mary (1808-33) Henry Samuel (1811-1905 my gt gt grandfather), William (1813 - ?) Mary Ann (1818-26) George Frederick (1821-40). The St Alphege records off Ancestry have been very useful and also from the London marriage records for Henry's second marriage in 1883 I got his father's middle name.

However - I cannot find any further trace of Richard Jones Richardson (nor William from 1813 but I've parked him in the too difficult tray!) I was hoping that he might've used his middle name at some point in the censuses but no joy, nor marriages, nor deaths. I have rechecked the baptism and I'm certain it is Jones not James (but happy to be corrected).

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
    KR
    Bo
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Is this not him in 1841 in Greenwich? Says labourer, would he have a better/different job?

Richard Richardson 25
    Mary Ann Richardson 30
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 31-05-11, 12:20.

Comment

Thanks Heather - I did see him but rather "dismissed" him as his family lived and were still living in a prosperous area of Greenwich. His brother Henry ran the family printing business and I'm afraid that I felt that a labourer might be to lowly - however given that by that time both parents were deceased as was the sister that had probably contributed to looking after him and only the year before his youngest brother had died (at the home of Henry) I must keep an open mind as perhaps that was all that was available to him. Is the 1841 census the one where they rounded the ages?
      Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Yes, rounded down to the nearest multiple of five. But I read an interesting article, that said many enumerators were confused by the instruction. Some rounded up, some reported the actual age.

Comment

Working...
        X