Can anybody read the name and address please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody read the name and address please

it looks like he died and this is the name and address of who to send his stuff to??
    Thanks very much

It is so faint....the only thing I can read is Liverpool

Comment

so annoying I was hoping to see who got the stuff ? thanks for trying

Comment

I've tried to alter the contrast and colours on the image but it's not helping much.

Knowing that the record is for John Knight, it does look as if the name on the image is also Knight.
        Possible address:
        9 .......... Terrace
        61 .......... Street
        ....... Liverpool

Not a lot of help really!
        Elaine

Comment

Not sure if this helps at all Val

Elaine

Comment

Very difficult

could be Mr or Mrs Slight?
            Gt ? ?
            61 ?akin Street
            ????y Rd Liverpool.

Not much to go on!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thanks for trying all and for that image Elaine but its the name and address further down I was trying to read? think the above one is an army office????
              looks like it says 1914 Star forfeited for desertion ??? then to the right is an address I think ?

Comment

I thought the bit to the right of the 1914 star forfeited for desertion said something like "The ....... person" - possibly "the same person", meaning the same as the one in the address that I was trying to work out!
                Elaine

Comment

oh does it ??was hoping it was one of his family ? but none as far as I know lived in Liverpool?

Comment

He seems to be commemorated on the Liverpool (Anfield) Cemetery
                    Elaine

Comment

oh great Elaine you are good that is him , but why would he be buried in Liverpool is that normal for a war death ???

Comment

I wonder if he is just commemorated on the wall, rather than buried there.
                        Do you know where he died?

Elaine

Comment

well according to his records he died in France Flanders ? unless I have read it wrong ? how puzzling as if he was a deserter would he have been commemorated at all?

Comment

If you look at his medal card it appears that at some point his medals were forfeited, but then they were returned, so presumably he returned to service.
                            Elaine

Comment

he did join up at least twice ? dont know why I didnt think of getting his Medal Card ? thanks again you are amazing Elaine .

Comment

I'm still puzzled if he died in 1920 ??? then why would he be a war death as wasn't it over by then ?

Comment

His service record is on Ancestry 1914 -1918 there are many but luckily it is on the first page Kent Reg He died in hospital in Aldershot.

I am a dope...thats where all this started
                                  Last edited by colin taylor; 30-05-11, 16:33.

Comment

Val, there is a useful thread on the Great War Forum - following link, post #2.
                                    Explains the criteria for inclusion on the CWGC.
                                    http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...1&#entry318753

Not sure if you need to be logged in to the forum to be able to read it, but if you are not a member already it is a very useful site.
                                    Elaine

Comment

thanks Colin I didn't see where it said he died in Aldershot ??? can you remember which page that was on thanks ???
                                      And thanks for that too Elaine off to have a look.

Comment

Re the Aldershot link on Ancestry. It may not be correct. I cannot remember which database it was on, may have been Soldiers who died in WW1 - there was a transcription error with places of death being given as Aldershot when it really should have been France. I thought they had been corrected recently, but may be not. Just bear it in mind.
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X