Genealogy's Star - A very disturbing comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genealogy's Star - A very disturbing comment

I got a very disturbing comment from a reader to my last post. My last post outlined recent changes and statistics to the FamilySearch websites. The reader said essentially that none of the comments on New FamilySearch meant anything because he was not a member of the Church and did not have access to the program. Under no circumstances am I trying to be exclusive of anyone on this Blog. I have to admit, I have commented extensively on New FamilySearch, however, the program is rapidly (in the computer developers sense) becoming available to the general public and I wrote most of my commentaries for that very reason. That is feedback to FamilySearch and the present users of the program.

However, I am saddened if someone thinks that New FamilySearch should be ignored until it is generally available to the public. All of the FamilySearch websites except New FamilySearch are available to everyone free and with no "you will have to pay later" to get all of the functions and features. The family of websites is already a potent force in doing online research in genealogy. Look at how much there is available, not the one program that is still in Beta and not fully available.

The New FamilySearch program will become a monumentally important database once it is fully functional. This will happen in spite of any perceived flaws in the data. As has been pointed out many times, even bad data is sometimes better than no data, even if some haystacks don't even have a needle. Right now, I wouldn't spend too much time wringing my hands over the fact that I did not have access to New FamilySearch.

More...
Working...
X