Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these John Osbornes the same person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these John Osbornes the same person?

I have just managed to find the parents of my ggg grandmother Ann Osborne c1811 Old Clee Lincs. I have found loads of Ancestry trees with her on, which I've been able to view thanks to Mundia. I've identified her parents as Robert Osborne c1773 Old Clee & Mary Temple c 1778 Old Clee and then found Robert's parents on Familysearch as John Osborne & Mary. I did a parent search & found 10 children from 1751 to 1780, however, all the Ancestry trees only had the last 5, 3 Roberts, Mary & Joseph. They had Mary as being Mary Broddell but I couldn't find a marriage for this couple to fit with the eldest child. I did find a marriage between a John Osborn & Mary Croft 28/7/1750 which would fit. There is a marriage with Mary Broddell 20/2/1865 which is used on the Ancestry trees, with a baptism of a Samuel 9/12/1765, which doesn't appear on the trees.
    It looks to me like Mary Croft died & John married another Mary and Samuel was their first child, but I'd like to be sure. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 29-05-11, 19:32. Reason: wrong dates
    Lynn

Originally posted by Lynn The Forest Fan View Post
    I did find a marriage between a John Osborn & Mary Croft 28/7/1850 which would fit. There is a marriage with Mary Broddell 20/2/1865 which is used on the Ancestry trees, with a baptism of a Samuel 9/12/1865, which doesn't appear on the trees.
    Can't see anything to help at the moment but presume the dates should be 1700s rather than 1800s!
    Elaine

Comment

Erm yes whoops sorry!
      Will just change those dates.
      Lynn

Comment

Working...
      X