Help with William Manns Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with William Manns Please

William Manns the brother of my husbands grandfather was born in Willenhall Staffordshire 1865. He is with his parents, James and Sarah Manns in 1881, Rotherham(this is where the family moved to for the steel Works).

There after I lost him..... until the 1911 census where he pops up living with his wife Amelia and 5 children - James William Manns, John Edward Manns, Beatice Lilian Manns, Thomas Frederick Manns and Gladis Elizabeth Ann Manns (West Riding > Rotherham > South East Rotherham > 13 > 36). According to the 1911 census he married in 1992 and there is a marriage of William Manns to Amelia Heathcoate in Rotherham in 1992.

So where are the family in 1901? The eldest three children were born by 1901. I think this must be really badly transcribed as I have tried every trick I know to find them. If any one can find them I would be really pleased.

Many thanks, Sandra

have been looking but no luck yet will keep trying though

Comment

Not having much luck either.
      In 1911 they are living at 30 St Johns Road, Rotherham. Although St Johns Road shows up on the 1901 census, there is nothing recorded for a no.30.
      Elaine

Comment

Hi Val and Elaine,

Thank you for trying to help. I wonder if for some reason they were missed off the census returns?

Sandra

Comment

the only other thing is maybe they were in a workhouse ?? then they quite often only listed them by their initials ?

Comment

Hi Val, nice idea, but I have just checked the workhouse out and they are not there. All the names were written in full so this really helped.

Sandra

Comment

oops. No I haven't checked the workhouse for 1901, I checked the census for 1911!!!. May be a job for tomorrow!

Sandra

Comment

They are not in the workhouse in 1901 either.

Sandra

Comment

Rotherham workhouse became the (old) Moorgate Hospital. I had my tonsils out there, many moons ago.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

'Snap' - remember I know Rotherham as well as you!!

Sandra
                    Last edited by Sherbertrose; 30-05-11, 14:35.

Comment

Working...
                    X