Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

married name REYNOLDS (may be living person)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• married name REYNOLDS (may be living person)

hi ive v***** b***** (bride) married ***** REYNOLDS july/a/sept 1974, could anyone tell me when and where v***** was born, thanks for your help.

Sorry, Kartrix, as you realised, these could be living names, so we don't have them in the open on the boards (they can be picked up by the search engines) because that could be an invasion of privacy for the names involved. If anyone thinks they may be able to help, they can contact you by PM (personal message) by clicking on your username on the left.
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 29-05-11, 16:43. Reason: living names in view

Having said that - I'm not sure where this marriage can have taken place, because I can't find (FMP / Ancestry / FreeBMD) any bride with that name being married in England & Wales. There's a marriage at that time for that surname, but the brides first names are very different.

There's no obvious trace of an E&W birth for that name, either.

If the marriage took place in Scotland, then that's a whole different ball-park. ScotlandsPeople has no subscription offer, so all searches involve spending credits. I know that there is a history of a number of Italian families living in Scotland.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry about that. I think I must have mistranscribed the surname when I was looking, because (with Elaine.. Spain's help) I can see it now. It just shows that I should stick to copy-paste!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you have access to the Ancestry incoming passenger lists, perhaps that might give you a clue? There's no obvious sign of an E&W birth registration. There are 55 incoming passengers with the B***** surname. Not all are female, and some names would conflict with the V***** name, but there's at least one "Miss". I don't have a current sub, so I can't tell you if it's likely to be relevant. They only go up to 1960.

If I were needing the info for my own tree, I would make use of the Library edition at the local library - I can use that for free.

Christine

Comment

thanks for your help everyone

Comment

When you try FamilySearch, the surname seems to be most strongly associated with Spain and Spanish-speaking countries.

Christine

Comment

thanksfor your help

Comment

Malta's language is close to Arabic, I believe. But being in the middle of the Mediterranean, it's a potential melting pot of nations, especially from the nations which border that sea. I wouldn't have said Malta - but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Christine

Comment

thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                  X