Following on from my other post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following on from my other post

would you say Daniel was not Daniel Grady's Son?? seems odd they were married in 1903 yet its been crossed out and Antoinette's Maiden name is there instead?

Lucky there aren't too many people called Antoinette GRADY! I don't have Ancestry, so had to look on FMP.

Assuming we're talking about 1911, it looks as if Daniel senior wasn't too fluent with a pen - or a form. All three children are shown as GRADY, but young Daniel's age is given as 11.

If that's a link to a LMA baptism record, then I can't help, I;m afraid.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 29-05-11, 17:18.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I don't think we can tell whether he was the father or not, just that the vicar spotted the discrepancy in dates of birth and marriage and so recorded that he was illegitimate.
      By the way it looks like he made mistake in Antoinette's birthdate. Daniel August 30th 1899, Antoinette March 12th 1900. Surely she wasn't really born less than 7 months after her brother! Assume from the GRO reg that it should have read 1904
      Last edited by JudithM; 29-05-11, 17:27.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

yes did spot that thanks Christine ,and hi Judith think Antoinette was born in 12 Mar 1904?? have found a Birth reg for that period.

Comment

Hi Val
          I've just been reading through Daniel O'Grady's pension records on ancestry & I couldn't find any mention of him enlisting in 1899.On the form where it lists his relatives, three sons were named Patrick, George & Thomas but not Daniel (Knight). The form was dated 6th Dec 1920 so Daniel junior would have been about 21 but surely he should still have been listed if he was Daniel senior's son.
          Moggie

PS I don't think that a father was named on Daniel Knight's birth certificate because he would have been indexed twice & he isn't.
          My gr gr grandmother had twins in 1844 & the father was named on the certs & they are indexed under both surnames. She went on to have my gr grandfather in 1847 with a different man & once again he was indexed under both surnames.
          Last edited by maudarby; 29-05-11, 18:27.

Comment

hi Moggie and thanks for looking, he joined the RWK Regiment in 1899 for a short enlistment its on FMP , I cannot find that Son Daniel anywhere after 1911 ?

Comment

Working...
            X