Help in finding right parent please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in finding right parent please

in 1901 I have the KNIGHT family mistranscribed as WRIGHT and one thing is puzzling me ,there is a Daniel KNIGHT born abt 1900 in Dulwich who is the Grandson of Elizabeth KNIGHT Widow Head of House
    I think I have found his Birth 1899 in Camberwell ???? but cannot for the life of me work out who's child he is ?
    The children listed in 1901 are all single

Would be a help if I could find his Baptism but cant .

I also cannot find him in 1911 or his death ?
    Last edited by Guest; 28-05-11, 15:57.

I haven't got time to look into this properly Val but I don't suppose this could be anything to do with him could it? I wondered if their daughter Annette had been mistranscribed as Antoinette ?

Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Val
      There is a baptism for a Daniel Knight in 1904 at Deptford/Lewisham. His date of birth was 30th Aug 1899.Mother Antoinette Knight,father crossed out Daniel Grady.

Moggie

Comment

ooh Chrissie and Moggie you may have hit the nail on the head thanks so much will be looking into this ,funny enough I coudn't find the right Birth for a Annette Knight?
        Last edited by Guest; 28-05-11, 16:42.

Comment

Just spotted the baptism below Daniel's which is on the same day,
          Antoinette Frances, born 12th March 1900, parents Daniel & Antoinette Grady.
          & a possible marriage Antoinette Knight & Daniel O'Grady 1903 qtr 4 St Olave Bermondsey
          Moggie

Comment

Possibly living at 59 Beckway St Newington in 1911.Daughter Antoinette isn't there & neither is Daniel Knight although there is a Daniel Grady born c 1910.
            Moggie

Comment

ooh thanks Moggie you are wonderful a lot for me to look at

Comment

that makes sense as they have only been married 8 years yet Daniel is aged 11 ???? in 1911 not 1 if you look at the actual image thanks again Moggie.

Comment

Hi Val
                  I couldn't look at the image I was just going by the index & I did wonder if there was a mistake with Daniel's age.Antoinette Frances died, not sure if it was in 1904 or 1906 without going back to look.
                  Moggie

Comment

thanks both all the records match .

Comment

Have you found the birth of Antoinette senior now Val?
                      I think she is listed as Antionette Knight, registered Jan-March 1882 - Camberwell 1d 951

Comment

ooh no Chrissie hadn't found that yet thanks so much ,just trying to find which children they had that died as it says in 1911 they had 7 and 4 had died .

Comment

just realised why ?? its spelt Antionette on that record ! thanks again

Comment

Well, Antoinette Frances died aged 2 in Jan-March 1906 1d 593 Greenwich. If the others died in Greenwich there is a April-June 1905 Clara aged 0 -1d 464 and a Thomas in Jan-March 1910 aged 3 - 1d 523

Comment

Sorry Val, yes, that's why I said she is LISTED as. I should have made that clearer.

Comment

its my fault for trying to find the exact spelling lol, you are great thanks so much Chrissie you little darling .

Comment

Ahhhhhh Pleased I could help

I can't seem to find a death for her though, or a remarriage. Ahh just noticed it says O'Grady on the marriage bit. Off to look again.

Comment

Well, here's the marriage cert. She has been mistranscribed as Kought

Comment

No wonder I couldn't find her death -Antoineyte O'grady died Jan-March 1968 aged 86 - Wandsworth London 5e 931

Comment

gawd you have been busy thanks a lot Chrissie its really appreciated , and guess what just found his service record on FMP has the name of three children Daniel/Thomas Henry/Patrick and his Mother and her address !! whoopee how lucky can I get ?
                                        Looks like he was a naughty boy too ??struck an Officer

Comment

Working...
                                        X