Where's Wally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Wally?

Walter Edward Crisp b 30 Jan 1959 at Mile End, Stepney, Middlesex, a Leather Merchant or Leather Factor is missing on the 1891 and 1901 censuses.

I have an incoming passenger entry for him from New York to Glasgow in 1908could someone take a look to see if he appears in any US records please?

(I've found him in 1911 holidaying in Swanage with a lady who he claims he has been married to for 15 years, but he didn't marry her until 1921!)
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 27-05-11, 18:53. Reason: error

Woo hoo Jill - just activated my free 6 months worldwide so you get the first benefit

Name: Walter Edward Crisp
    Arrival Date: 2 Jul 1906
    Birth Year: abt 1859
    Ethnicity/Race-
    /Nationality: British (English)
    Port of Departure: London
    Port of Arrival: New York, New York
    Ship Name: Minnetonka

If you want the image let me know. It seems to say he is a merchant, single and a non-immigrant alien. He has paid the fare himself and has over 50 dollars with him. Its a bit squashed at the end but appears to say reason for going to USA is "travelling, brother Lowst (?) Valley, Long Island.

Is that his probate record on ancestry - blow me, he died a rich man.

Just looking for census results and whilst there are quite a few Crisps - even a Walter in New York father born England with wife Emma born NY and m-in-l surname King born England, its not the right bloke - birth year 1863 and cant even be your chaps son. Possible rellie?

Sorry, cant see him in the states.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 27-05-11, 21:34.

Comment

Thankyou Heather

He was a wealthy man and left his wife £360p.a. and the rest of his £24,000ish estate went to Guys Hospital.

Enjoy your 6 months worth

Comment

Working...
      X