Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Somerset: Look-up

Hello all,

Is there a kind soul who could get me a copy of a Baptism please?
    It's for:

Jane Thomas Martin, daug of Henry & Eleanor Martin
    Oct 2nd 1801, St.Johns, Yeovil.

Will cover costs.

Thank you
    Shirley

I thought this was familiar Shirley, I looked this up for you last year, here is my reply.

Hi Shirley, as I thought, the fiche is not clear enough for copy & there is no additional information anyway.
    There is just a long list of names, all squashed up together but I can confirm that you have the correct info.
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Hi Viv,
      Yes, you did give me this info. last year, I just wanted a copy for my record's

It's a good job I didn't pay the Record Office the £8+ they wanted, to provide a copy of this record. I don't expect it would have been much better from the original Parish Record entry. Even if the area of entry was enlarged then copied onto A4.

It amazes me that Leicestershire Record Office can do the same service for a minimum charge of £3. I had 3 copies for that minimum cost.

Thanks

Comment

Like I said Shirley, When I'm fit again I can get you a print if you insist but it was not easy to read & there was nothing at all extra to what you already have.
        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Hi Vivienne,

Sorry to hear you're poorly.
          All's well, some-one has taken a copy of the Bishop's Transcript for me.

Hope you get weel soon.

Comment

Working...
          X