Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census .. Ancestry

Nearly there!
    It appears that the household images are now available on Ancestry although not yet indexed.

You would need to select the County, Parish and Enumeration districts on the search box on the right and then scroll through the images, but I presume the information which is currently available on Ancestry (via the Enumerator Books) should help you.
    Elaine

This is wonderful, however I really need to sew my daughters curtains - but the pull of the 1911 census is going to be agonising. I have already found my 2x Great Grandparents!!

Sandra

Comment

I am sure your daughter will understand, Sandra!

Some tips from Ancestry on how to search the new records -
      A census is an official list of the people in a particular area at a given time, while voter lists show those who were registered to vote in a certain area. The valuable information found on census records helps you to understand your family in their time and place. Voter Lists serve as a confirmation of residence in between the years that the census was taken.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

Looks like I will be busy tonight. I have my direct ancestors 1911 either paid for or from Kew when I went there but have a few branches I would like to look up.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I started with Weeley, Essex as that only had one district to search and I found 6 of my OH's families.

Then I trawled through Heston, Middlesex as I knew my grandfather and his family were living there. Found 10 more census pages.

So I have 16 census images now that I didn't have before.

Gone cross-eyed now, so think I'll leave the rest until another day.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Does anyone know if this will be available if you use the library
            or records office Ancestry access ?

Clare

Comment

Originally posted by littlemoo View Post
              Does anyone know if this will be available if you use the library
              or records office Ancestry access ?

Clare
              There are deffo there in the library version Clare, I've just got the image for my English GGParents in Whitchurch, Shropshire

I only entered GGF's forename and last name and then Whitchurch in the keyword box

Comment

Thanks GallowayLass

Clare

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I needed that Bit of a fag searching the streets but I realised I can enter the name I want and it comes up in the search facility with the summary which shows the enumeration district and cuts down the trawling of the images

Comment

A tip I saw on another forum. Go to the summary books and find the schedule number, double it and that will be the image number.

It works!

eg My grandfather's household schedule number was 189 and the image was number 378
                    Last edited by Pat Hope; 25-05-11, 22:01.
                    PAT

Comment

Great stuff but a very long process. Roll on the indexing! In my grandfather's household (7 rooms!!) is their domestic servant aged 17. She was still unmarried and "doing" for the family in 1954, though by then she had her own house.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Elaine.
                        herky
                        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                        X