Firefox 4 difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 4 difficulties

Mozilla Firefox kept prompting me to upgrade to Version 4 – so I did.

Since then, I have to connect manually to the Internet (rather than use the shortcut icon) otherwise Firefox says it cannot connect to the server.

Also, the Ancestry enhanced image plug-in gives me trouble, and I cannot save images directly to my PC.

Should be very grateful for any advice, please, on what I might do. Can work round it, but it takes extra time, and is rather annoying. There doesn’t appear to be an option to go back to a Firefox 3 version.

Many thanks,
    Carol

Carol, Im having a lot of probs with it too :( If you go to this site -

Download Mozilla Firefox Beta 104.0 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

look over on the right hand side and it gives earlier versions of FF which you can download.

Comment

There are known problems with the Ancestry Viewer with FF4 I have had to go back to 3.6
      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
      http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks for that link Heather. I was having the same problem with Firefox 4 but have now gone back to version 3. The Ancestry image viewer is now working fine,I can now clamp on the "hand" & move the image around instead of scrolling up,down, sideways etc which was a pain in the *****.
        Moggie

P.S How long have we had a spellcheck on here? Never noticed it before.

Comment

Is it the Firefox spell check ? works on all sites
          Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
          http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Heather,

Thank you so much for your help. Have gone back to FF3.6 and the image viewer is fine again - a great relief

I can always rely on an FTF member digging me out of a hole.

Warmest best wishes,
            Carol
            ;D

Comment

Working...
            X