Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coggeshall

Hi
    just thought some of you might have rellies that lived in Coggeshall Essex the burial records here have been transcribed visit this site if you are interested you never know you might find some rellies

GWEN

You've obviously been reading the same newsletter as me!
    I saw the link this morning and have added it to our Essex page in the reference library.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Gwen.

Unfortunately I want burials before 1856 but have bookmarked the site as I hope they will add to it.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Little Nell,
        Appears that the NBI version 3 has burials for Coggeshall

Coggeshall - St Peter ad Vincula (Anglican) - 20373 entries covering years 1603-53, 1683-1906, 1912-81
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Isn't there someone who goes to the Essex RO from time to time? The Seax site gives this info:
            Repository: Essex Record Office
            Level: Category PARISH Records
            Level: Fonds COGGESHALL, St Peter ad Vincula
            Level: Sub-Fonds INCUMBENT
            Level: Series Service of Church: REGISTERS of Baptisms, Marriages and Burials
            Level: Item PARISH register
            Level: Item
            Reference Code D/P 36/1/13
            Dates of Creation 1813-1865
            Extent 1 vol.
            Title [PARISH register] Burials
            Scope and Content
            At front: notes of alteration to the vicarage garden and walls, 1816-1825.
            At 1856: note of consecration of new burial ground, 1856.
            At back, pasted in: order in council that burials in the churchyard be discontinued, 1855
            Date From 1813
            Date To 1865
            Christine
            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 22-05-11, 14:54. Reason: correcting info
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Gwen, a very interesting website for anyone with ancestors from Coggeshall. Like Nell, mine were in Coggeshall a lot earlier and I have found quite a bit from the older parish registers on Seax.
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X