tough aussie problem haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tough aussie problem haha

my aunt has asked me for some help with her husbands grandfather.

walter thomas rogers b.1899, menindee in new south wales, parents thomas rogers and annie rodenight. this info is from the death cert in 1956 in kyneton victoria. he married there to nellie harrison, and i assume my aunt has the certs.

until she gets back to me, i have looked under rogers and rodgers, and i cannot find a birth registration in new south wales. meningee does not appear to be close to any borders, so does not appear to have been registered in another state?

i can also not find a marriage of thomas rogers to any variant of anne/annie/ann roadknight/rodnight/rodenight!!

my aunt has done a brief tree on ancestry to figure things out, but what she is playing with doesn't seem to be anywhere in census or bmd's in england or australia.

need some serious help haha

Kylejustin,
    Menindee is not very far from Broken Hill and I am wondering if it would be worth looking in South Australian records as I think a lot of admin
    was carried on in SA rather than NSW. For example Broken Hill keeps South Australian time rather than Eastern Australian time. Distance from Sydney
    is about 1500 Km rather than 500 to Adelaide.
    David
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

hmm thank you for that. the death cert said born in menindee, nsw, spent entire life in victoria. frustrating!!!

Comment

I wonder if this person can give some ideas http://members.iinet.net.au/~mewilso...eecemetery.htm

Comment

its an interesting site naomi, i would think that thomas and annie would have died in victoria. if so, the likely place would be kyneton. i have told my aunt to get the marriage cert of walter, and fingers crossed, there is a relative we can use to get backwards!

Comment

well the marriage is in. birthplace of walter 'menindi' and parents thomas rogers deceased labourer and annie rodenight. im stumped really. there isn't a marriage for thomas to an annie rodenight. i guess she could have been married before, but it makes it so much more difficult to trace.

Comment

What about Roger Thomas?....in case they wrote it in reverse??...

Comment

i guess there could be a mistake like that. i think the easiest thing to do would be too find the deaths for thomas and annie. i cant really do that online, as the indexes dont have place of death and i dont know the parents names! the indexes in the state library will have place of death and age, so that way i can find any thomas' and annie's that died in kyneton. hopefully narrow it down? the deaths should give place of marriage and date too. as well as any other children.

Comment

Working...
                X