Quick 1911 look up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick 1911 look up?

Can anyone tell me the numbers for how many children born and still alive there are attached to Joseph Jackson born 1877 Burslem, living in Wandsworth, London, with wife Eliza and 5 children Eliza, Alfred Frederick, Henry, Richard Thomas, Lillian Vera.

Many thanks,
    Kate x

Hi Kate

Joseph and Eliza were married for 16 years; 9 children, 7 living 2 have died

Audrey H

Comment

Thank you Audrey, still need to find the two children still alive but missing and the two deceased ones then!

Comment

Hi Kate,
        I have found these children in addition to those on the 1901 and 1911 censuses - Beatrice Amy b. Nov 1901 ; Eleanor Eliza b. Oct 1902 ; Elizabeth Letitia b. Dec 1905 ; Joseph William b. Mar 1896.

There are two Deaths registered - Eleanor Eliza d. Q1 1904 Reg at Hackney Vol.1b P 332
        Beatrice Amy d. Q3 1905 Reg at Fulham Vol.1a P 190

Nina

Dates for the four chiidren are baptism not birth .... sorry
        Last edited by Inahaystack; 21-05-11, 16:17. Reason: Forgot something :)

Comment

Ooh Nina, how did you locate those ones? The Hackney and Fulham ones surprise me, the family never lived in those areas as far as I know. Grateful for further details,

Kate x

Comment

i have family in lochalsh in scotland, and a branch moved to kyleakin in inverness. imagine my surprise when i found deaths for the kyleakin branch in lochalsh!!

Comment

Hi Nina,

I've looked more closely at the finds you've suggested, and I already have Joseph and Beatrice's baptisms, and Eleanor and Elizabeth are clearly part of other families looking at the LMA baptism series. The Beatrice Amy death is also for a much younger child than my Beatrice. So none them are mine sadly!

Can anyone search the 1911 for number 39 Charlmont Road, Wandsworth and see who's living there? Two of the children I'm interested in were born there between 1904 and 1906, but the family are at 99 Charlmont Rd in 1911.

Kate x
              Last edited by Kate P; 20-05-11, 21:58.

Comment

It's a family by the name of Wright, Kate, Walter Hocking Wright, wife Elizabeth and 2 children.
                All through the street/road there are no other Jacksons.

I too found the other children (this is fascinating me!) and there's another Joseph and Eliza Jackson just to add to the confusion! The Beatrice Amy baptised Nov 01 was born 1899 - christened at the same time as her brother. Alfred Frederick is listed in census but Albert Frederick at baptism.

There's a Joseph and Eliza in Hackney with children Elizabeth, Joseph and Florence, he's a Baker, married 9 yrs 4 children, 1 has died - might help to note that if you can work through Jackson births/deaths.
                Last edited by Audrey H; 21-05-11, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate P View Post
                  Ooh Nina, how did you locate those ones? The Hackney and Fulham ones surprise me, the family never lived in those areas as far as I know. Grateful for further details,

Kate x
                  Kate, it is usual to register a death in the district where the death occurred regardless of where the deceased lived. Maybe, they were in a hospital ? - I haven't checked the records.

Comment

Originally posted by Inahaystack View Post
                    Kate, it is usual to register a death in the district where the death occurred regardless of where the deceased lived. Maybe, they were in a hospital ? - I haven't checked the records.
                    Not only is it usual, it's obligatory. If you do register the event elsewhere, the "away" registrar tells the "home" registrar.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Oh I understand that, John, Nina, but I think most people usually only move to neighbouring parishes etc in their searches when they've exhausted other options. And as discussed above, unfortunately neither of the Fulham or Hackney deaths can be mine. I will find these two eventually, but I have a suspicion it'll be a long journey!

Comment

Working...
                      X