Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Cyril Joseph Green 1918

I am looking for my niece's husband, to help her with her tree,
    I cannot find him in 1918 I found three in 1917.

He Married in 1942 Sylvia B.M Moul. He died I belive in 1974

If their marriage certificate has his father's name on it, then could you track back to find his parents marriage and thus, Cyril's mother's maiden name. That should help you decide which one of the three Cyrils is the correct one.

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

there is a Cyril J Green born 1918 in Yorkshire could that be him ?

Comment

There is a death in 1974 - is it the right one

Cyril Joseph N Green
        Birth Date: 15 Sep 1918
        Date of death registration: 1974 4th quarter
        Eastbourne volume 18, page: 0558

Do you know where he was born?
        Elaine

Comment

how about this one
          Cyril Joseph N Green
          Born 15 Sep 1918 Died Dec 1974 Eastbourne Sussex

Comment

oh poo beaten again

Comment

Cyril and Sylvia were married in Lambeth so I guess the three births that are being referred to for 1917 are the ones in Wandsworth, Southwark and Camberwell - all in that neck of the woods.
              Margaret

Comment

Can you come back please James and tell us the details, i.e. Cyril Joseph's father name etc, from the marriage cert.
                Does your neice's husband know where Cyril Josph died please?

Also, someone has Sylvia in their tree on GR and one of the sons appears to have himself.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks ladies, does the one giving date of birth, give birth mother?, I will be writing to her to see if she has the his wedding certificate
                  Last edited by James; 19-05-11, 15:39.

Comment

Yes, a birth certificate gives father's name and occupation, mother's name and maiden name and their address. All very useful inforamtion if we are to help.
                    Margaret

Comment

James, the record where we have found a date of birth is in fact a death registration for a Cyril Joseph N Green who died in Eastbourne in 1974.
                      In the 1970s they started adding dates of birth to death registrations, which is sometimes very useful when you are trying to trace some backwards.
                      If this is the right death registration then the date of birth of 15 Sep 1918 might help you pinpoint the correct birth registration, i.e. 1918 3rd or 4th quarter.
                      Elaine

Comment

What I am wondering is if the informant knew the correct date of birth or do the authorities get it from the records?
                        because the informant was living with him?

Comment

I have sent an E.Mail to the tree on Genes reunited to find out if they have any information

Comment

What I am wondering is if the informant knew the correct date of birth or do the authorities get it from the records?
                            because the informant was living with him?

The information is from the informant so can be inaccurate. There is no cross check to a birth.

Comment

Had a look at the tree on Genes Reunited and they were several errors in it so not very confident about it

Comment

Was that the tree who had Sylvia in it James? Or the son who appears to have himself?
                                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Where did Cyril and Sylvia marry, e.g church, synagogue, registry office etc

Comment

Working...
                                  X