Notts Electoral Roll lookup please 1884 and earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Notts Electoral Roll lookup please 1884 and earlier

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out with some ER lookups please, trying a different angle on details for my birth father and hoping to put something together that covers his later years.

James Turner (otherwise known as James Townsend) died 1/6/1984 in Worksop. His death cert gives his usual residence as 47 Westmoreland House, Bircotes, Doncaster. I'm interested to know if there are any other names given on the electoral register and how long he may have been listed at the address.

Having checked with Doncaster Library they tell me the detais are held in the Notts Archives/library.

Thanks.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Westmoreland House was sheltered accommodation, I'm not sure if it still is.
    AUDREY

Comment

Sorry, meant to put 1984!!!!!

I'm really stumped with details for my b/f, especially from the period from the mid 1960's. He is rumoured to have gone down south and had children during the 1970's but heaven knows where or when, given his ways he probably fathered half the population south of Scunthorpe in the post war period.

His cause of death is notes early signs of pancreatic cancer and also a lung problem, his occupation given as labourer in a power station. That could mean he worked at High Marnham, West Burton, Cottam or Drax. I'm curious as to whether anyone else is listed and how long he was there.

He has/had a brother who was the informant at death, checking the electoral rolls for the address given showed he was only there for a short time. I have his birth plus a little bit of military stuff but nothing else.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
      X