Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth RHODES missing 1834 to 1860

Can anyone help with Elizabeth R(H)O(A)D(E)S between the dates 1834-1860

Elizabeth RHODES (13 Oct 1805-22 Sep 1862)
    born 13 Oct 1805 in,Aston,WAR
    bapt 10 Nov 1805 in St Peter & St Paul,Aston,WAR
    died 22 Sep 1862 in George St,Edgbaston,WAR {aged 56}

census:
    1861 in 7 George St,Edgbaston,WAR serv un 51 cook Birmingham,WAR {aged 55}

Will 21 Oct 1862 (Letters of Administration of the personal estate of effects of Elizabeth Rhodes late of George St Edgbaston in the county of Warwick Spinster deceased who died on 22 September 1862 at Geoge St aforesaid were granted at Birmingham to James Rhodes of Kings Norton in the county of Worcester metal roller the brother and only next of kin of the said deceased he having been sworn Effects under £100) in Birmingham

1 Oct 1834 witness at the marriage of James Rhoades & Jane Edwards
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

couldnt see any not married to rhodes husbands.

Comment

There is an Elizabeth Rhodes born 1801 living in Birmingham in 1841
      HO107; Piece 1140; Book: 5; Civil Parish: Birmingham; County: Warwickshire; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 52; Page: 15; Line: 16

.. but you would expect her year of birth to be 1806 in 1841, not 1801.
      Elaine

Comment

.. sorry just noticed that one says "not born in county" .. so probably not the right one!
        Elaine

Comment

Another one - but age again not quite right as birth year is 1811

Class: HO107; Piece 1151; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Edgbaston; County: Warwickshire; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 35; Page: 23; Line: 22;

Can't see any others.
          Elaine

Comment

I like this one a fs to a clergyman in the right area. Thanks

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Another one - but age again not quite right as birth year is 1811

Class: HO107; Piece 1151; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Edgbaston; County: Warwickshire; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 35; Page: 23; Line: 22;

Can't see any others.
            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

James Rhodes might have been a brother to Elizabeth? He is on the 1841 census with his wife jane and kids. Place is Kings Norton so that is the correct family in regards to the will. It lists James as being born in c1811
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by cpdavis35 View Post
                James Rhodes might have been a brother to Elizabeth? He is on the 1841 census with his wife jane and kids. Place is Kings Norton so that is the correct family in regards to the will. It lists James as being born in c1811
                That's right I had lost what happened to Elizabeth until I found her in the Ancestry wills index . I have got James my direct ancestor sown up.
                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Just backtracking a little on latterdaysaints website they list a Elizabeth ROADS born 13th Oct 1805 and Bap 10th Nov 1805. Aston, Birmingham. Parents are James ROADS and Mary. The Parents married as James RHODES and Mary Thawley dated 20th May 1799 Aston. Nothing on the censuses other than what's been found so far.
                  Craig

Comment

If you can find a birth for James R(H)O(A)D(E)S around 1772 I would be most grateful.

James RHODES (1772-1832)
                    died 1832 in Aston Almshouses,Aston,WAR {aged 60}
                    buried 15 Nov 1832 in,Aston Juxta Birmingham,WAR age 60 {aged 60}
                    married 20 May 1799 in,Aston Juxta Birmingham,WAR {aged 27} to Mary THAWLEY
                    and had 4 children:
                    Edward RHODES (1799)
                    Elizabeth RHODES (13 Oct 1805-22 Sep 1862)
                    Ann RHODES (04 Oct 1807)
                    James RHODES (27 Apr 1810-1871).(my direct ancestor)

Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

On the Latterdaysaints website i've listed what it has for the 4 children that you have mentioned.

Edward Rhodes - parents listed James Rhodes & Maray Thawley. Christened 6th Oct 1799. Castle Bromwich, Warwick.
                      Elizabeth Roads - parents listed James Roads & Mary. Birth 13th Oct 1805. Christened 10th Nov 1805. Aston Juxta, Birmingham.
                      Ann Rhodes - parents listed James Rhodes & Mary. Birth 4th Oct 1807. Christening 25th Dec 1807. Aston Juxta, Birmingham.
                      James Rhodes - Parents listed James Rhodes & Mary. Birth 27th Apr 1810. Christening 20th May 1810. Auston Juxta, Birmingham.

Also on there it mentions the following...possible other siblings or relatives?
                      Rosanna Rhodes Bap/Chris 11th Apr 1803. Parents listed James Rhodes & Mary. St. Martin, Birmingham.
                      Charles Rhodes born 20th Sept 1810. Parents listed James Rhodes & Mary. Christened 15th Apr 1811 St. Martin, Birmingham.
                      Thomas Rhodes born 11th Mar 1812. Parents listed James Rhodes & Mary. Bap/Chris 22nd May 1812 St. Martin, Birmingham.

There were just two i could find around 1772 for James Rhodes i could find:-
                      James Arthur Rhodes - Bap/christ 27th Dec 1874. Castle Bromwich, Warwick. Parents John Rhodes & Lucy.
                      James Henry Rhode - Birth 9th Mar 1871. Bap/Christ 15th Oct 1871. St. George Birmingham. Parents John Horton Rhode & Emma Maud.

James Arthur might be correct as he was bap/christ at the same place as his first son Edward - Castle Bromwich.
                      Last edited by cpdavis35; 18-05-11, 16:20.
                      Craig

Comment

"There were just two i could find around 1772 for James Rhodes i could find:-
                        James Arthur Rhodes - Bap/christ 27th Dec 1874. Castle Bromwich, Warwick. Parents John Rhodes & Lucy.
                        James Henry Rhode - Birth 9th Mar 1871. Bap/Christ 15th Oct 1871. St. George Birmingham. Parents John Horton Rhode & Emma Maud.

James Arthur might be correct as he was bap/christ at the same place as his first son Edward - Castle Bromwich."

There appears to be a discrepancy in the century in your reply ?
                        I am looking for 1772.
                        Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Sorry about that....

According to Laterday saints website there wasn't a James Rhodes born in Birmingham or even Warwickshire around that time. No Rhodes (Rhoddis) birth until 1779.

For 1772 it lists...

James Rhodes - Christening 22nd Apr 1772 Otley, Yorks.
                          James Rhodes - Christening 7th Aug 1772 Rochdale, Lancs.
                          James Rowed - Christening 26th Jul 1772 Nutfield, Surrey.
                          James Roads - Christening SEPT 1772 Merstham, Surrey.
                          Craig

Comment

That's what I found, drat that's another pruned branch
                            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

was he definately born there? couldn't he have been the first to move to that area and start a family etc?
                              Craig

Comment

I don't know, but the first Rodes entry in St Martin the parish church of Birmingham is 1666 and entries continue in various spellings from then on .
                                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

The record is still yet to find somewhere... i've gone through all the warwickshire christenings in 1700-1799 on laterdaysaints but just no james rhodes or from an alternative spellings comes up...couldn't have changed his first name to a middle name or something like that could he?
                                  Craig

Comment

Any idea of his parents or siblings?
                                    Craig

Comment

Working...
                                    X