Photo Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Request

Does anyone know what year this picture may of been taken?
    Attached Files

Richard,
    Have moved your thread to our Family Tree Photos forum - hopefully someone will be able to help you.

You might also like to look at our Costume Gallery in the hope that you can see similar clothing/styles.
    Elaine

Comment

Men/boys are always more difficult but I would guess about the 1930s.

Anne

Comment

Or possibly just a little bit earlier - perhaps between 1925 and '30. It looks like the little boy is wearing breeches - have visions of him rolling a hoop so may even be a bit earlier.
        Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
          Or possibly just a little bit earlier - perhaps between 1925 and '30. It looks like the little boy is wearing breeches - have visions of him rolling a hoop so may even be a bit earlier.
          and his coat is done up on the other side (women's side)
          This is of no help with the dating, merely an observation.
          Is Dad's hat a Fedora or a Trilby ? can't tell without seeing the back
          Last edited by Rachel Scand; 26-05-11, 08:57.
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I'm not so sure it's a Fedora ?

possibly a Homburg?

often associated with 'middle' Europeans - Italy/Germany/Baltic countries- is there any likelihood of that Richard?

As the little boy's coat is done up the 'female' side - was perhaps the family a bit poor, so he may have been wearing his sister's coat?

The more I look at the picture the more I think it's early '20s.
            Dorothy G

Comment

Dear All.... Earlier this week I was lucky enough to meet up with the lady who originally had the photo. I can tell you that the little boy is Robin Albert Alecock born 1919. The School boy is William Rupert Alecock born 1913 and the adult in the picture is his Robin's father/William's brother Albert John Carter Alecock born 1894. So the early/mid 20"s is a correct. He had three sister"s which suggests where the "hand me down" coat possibly came from. To my knowledge we have no foreign roots.. Although' it is rumoured that Albert"s grandmother told people she was french. But. I have found no truth in this. Poor... Yes... Working class Bricklayers/Painters etc.. Many of the sister"s moved to London for work etc. Please keep your thoughts posted to this link cheers all above Richard

Comment

Richard that must been interesting for you. I'm glad we helped a bit
                Dorothy G

Comment

Working...
                X