Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Ravencroft, Taylor & Wilkinson.... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Ravencroft, Taylor & Wilkinson.... :)

Hi everyone.

Been researching family tree to as far back as i can go.... ready for being framed and hung on the wall
    All was going well untill i hit several dead ends on both sides of the family.

Ok, So il start with 'Taylor'...

My Gt Grandad Thomas Taylor and his wife Lilian Taylor (maiden name wilkinson)
    Im trying to find out as much as i can about both people, whether they had siblings etc...
    Heres what imformation ive managed to find up to now...
    Thomas Born 1886.
    Lilian born 19th july 1894. Died 28th April 1955-In darwen, Blackburn.

Lillian was married to another man named Frank Gerrard after Thomas died.
    It didnt last long, then she passed and requested to be buried with Thomas.
    There shared grave is at St James church, Leyland.

Thomas and Lilian had a son named Alan Lloyd Taylor (my grandad). Born 29th Nov 1925. Died 28th Dec 2010. He is also buried with Thomas & Lilian.

Lilians parents were, Mary Wilkinson (maiden name wareing) and William Wilkinson.
    Trying to find more info on their familys,other children,siblings etc.

Thomas's parents. Father was John Taylor. Cant find a name for his mother??

Any help is appreciated!!

Also stuck on the Ravenscroft side of the family.... Cant seem to find any more info on my Gt grandmas siblings (there were 9).
    My Gt Grans name was Edna May Ravenscroft, Born in Chorley 1902. Lived at Pall Mall, Chorley. Her siblings are listed but cant seem to find much info since they were young adults or children???

Again, any help is appreciated!!

Thankyou.
    Taylorfam.

Hi
    ? marriage for William Wilkinson & Mary Wareing Qtr 1 1874 Preston (reg district) Lancashire.

Moggie

Comment

Hi, thankyou moggie. Did the records say anything about the parents names?? Or witnesses? Witnesses are sometimes a clue for siblings etc...

Fallon.

Comment

Possible marriage for Percy Ravenscroft in September 1913 to Ellen Bridge in Chorley 8e 1219.
        Possible children from the marriage - all born Chorley - all Ravenscroft with mmn Bridge -
        Until it's checked they may still be alive. So if you look on Free BMD you will find them (deaths now found and filled in) -

William Sept 1918 ref 8e 542 - likely death aged 49 July-Sept 1967 in Ashton Lancashire.

Harold Dec 1920 ref 8e 788 - died aged 0 1920 Chorlton

- Irene Sept 1923 8e 698 - Married Jan-March 1942 in Chorley ref 8e 1101 - died as Irene Noblet August 1985 aged 62 (born 24/6/1923) in Congleton and Crewe
        husband Thomas Quintin Noblet died July-Sept 1982 aged 61 (birth 15/7/1921) in Congleton and Crewe

Possible children - 4 Boys and 4 girls from 1942 and 1943 in Chorley and 1948 to 1958 in Southport.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-05-11, 15:41.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorfam View Post
          Hi, thankyou moggie. Did the records say anything about the parents names?? Or witnesses? Witnesses are sometimes a clue for siblings etc...

Fallon.
          Hi Fallon
          To find out the names of their fathers & names of witnesses I am afraid you will have to get a copy of the marriage certificate.
          I think William's parents were Thomas & Nancy but the cert would confirm the name of his father,
          William & Mary's children found on the LancsBMD site as follows, mmn stands for mother's maiden name & you will notice that the spelling of her surname varies slightly on 2 entries.
          I think Mary (the mother) may have died when Lilian was born as by 1901 William is a widower.

1874 WILKINSON/Ellen mmn WARING Preston Preston
          1876 WILKINSON/Nancy mmn WAREING Preston Preston
          1878WILKINSON/Thomas mmn WEARING Trinity Preston
          1881 WILKINSON/Alice Ann mmn WAREING St John Preston
          1883 WILKINSON/Joseph Lloyd mmn WAREING St John Preston
          1884WILKINSON/Joseph Lloyd mmn WAREING St John Preston
          1886 WILKINSON/Peter mmn WAREING Trinity Preston
          1890WILKINSON/Mary mmn WAREING Trinity Preston
          1894WILKINSON/Lilian mmn WAREING Trinity Preston

Moggie

Comment

Thankyou Chrissie.... thats one out of the 9 children accounted for atleast!!
            Will dig a lil deeper with the possible children. Try and confirm all your findings before adding to the quickly growing BIG tree!! Its fascinating to see how many ancestors etc you have once you start one of these trees...!!

Fallon.

Comment

Thankyou Moggie... plenty to go on there! How would i go about getting hold of certificates do you know??
              Fallon.

Comment

One more Ravenscroft for you -

Harold Ravenscroft – born 15th Nov 1898 – died July-Sept 1982 aged 83 in Chorley Lancs ref 40 1179

Possible marriage to G******* Brindle in Oct-Dec 1921 – Chorley Lancs ref 8e 1053
                Possible children of the marriage – Both born Chorley and both mmn Brindle

Beatrice Ravenscroft July-Sept 1923 ref 8e 684 – I believe married Thomas Tickle – Oct-Dec 1946 Chorley (ref says 10c 29 but usually 8e for Chorley)
                Her death says date of birth 24th July 1921, but I believe this should read 1923. No other Beatrice Ravenscroft birth for 1921. Died Sept 2005 aged 84 in Tameside Greater Manchester.
                Two possible sons – can’t post full names as no deaths found –
                A*** Tickle born Oct-Dec 1947 Chorley
                G***** Tickle born Jan-March 1953 Chorley

R******* Ravenscroft Oct-Dec 1927 ref 8e 552 (No death found under Atkinson)
                Possibly married an Atkinson in 1948 and had one son and three daughters – all in Chorley

Have sent PM with the full names
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Brilliant, thankyou Chrissie!
                  Think im going to be needing a big frame for this tree by the time its finished.....!!

Im still stuck on a couple of others too, Thomas Taylor.... His father was John Taylor. No name for mother...?

Information ive found so far is, Thomas was born in 1886. Thomas married Lilian Wilkinson, they had a son called Alan Lloyd Taylor, born nov 1925.

Cant seem to find a dob for Thomas's father John or name and dob for mother... doesn't help the names in my tree are all very common ! :/

Also any information anyone has on a Henry Wilson. He married Margaret Ellen Wilson (mn Seddon) in 1893, in wigan i think. They had a son named William Wilson born 1901.
                  Trying to find more details on henrys family,parents etc same for Margaret....

Any help here would be really appreciated too.

Thankyou again....

Comment

Ravenscroft/Noblet

Originally posted by Taylorfam View Post

Fallon.
                    My wif is one of the 8 chldren born to Irene Noblet nee Ravenscroft as mentioned email address removed for details all alive and well
                    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 14-09-11, 07:27. Reason: email address removed

Comment

Robbieb, welcome to the forum.
                      I am sorry but I have had to edit you previous post as we don't recommend the posting of email addresses on the open forum.
                      Taylorfam hasn't logged into the forum for a couple of months so it might be better to try to make contact by private message.
                      If you click on the username to the left of the post you will see an option to send a private message. Providing Taylorfam's email address is still current then she will receive email notification of your message.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X