Trying to make a connection help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to make a connection help needed please

Hi, My friend has always believed he has a link to the actress Kathleen Byron. (born 11th Jan 1921 as Kathleen Fell - died 2009)
    Kathleen's father was Richard Fell and her mother was Eleanor Mary Macaree, now this is were the link is somewhere ?

My friends Granddads 2nd wife was Annie L Macaree, I believe her maiden name to be Annie L Wilson who married James Thomas Macaree in 1898.
    So the very loose connection to my friend is somewhere between James Thomas Macaree and Eleanor Mary Macaree.
    But I cant find the link between the two ?
    Any help appreciated.
    Kinds regards......John

Hi John
    After a lot of searching I think I may possibly have found a connection. The reason it was difficult is because, after finding the death of Eleanor Mary Fell there didn't appear to be a birth for her. However, she has been mistranscribed by free BMD and Ancestry as Eleanor Mary MacAher in Oct-Dec 1887 Stepney ref 1c 431. James Thomas Macaree birth is Jan-March 1871 Bethnal Green 1c 323.

I believe this is James Thomas in 1881 with family - Widowed father and siblings. Father James a Lithographic printer.

I think this is Eleanor in 1891 with what looks like the same father remarried (James a Lithographic printer) -

The marriage Eleanor Mary to Richard J Fell in July-Sept 1912 Poplar also has her name mistranscribed as Macares.
    Both the birth and marriage are Macaree on the actual images.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-05-11, 11:46.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I take it that the death I have for Eleanor Mary is the right one John? Died April 1984 aged 96 in Canterbury - birth 8th Oct 1887. It would fit well with the death of Richard John Fell, also in Canterbury in Dec 1881 aged 97 - born 10th March 1884.
      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 16-05-11, 11:43.

Comment

Thanks for your help Chrissie, The father of Kathleen Fell went on to be the mayor of East Ham in 1941 http://www.newhamstory.com/node/1696
        What do you think is the link between Annie and the Macaree's ?
        (I know she married a Macaree, but were you think the link is before that ?)

Kind regards and thanks again......John

Comment

You're welcome John. I am still looking backwards but will try and sort it all out. So far, I believe that James Macaree originally married Emma Barry in Sept 1868 in Bethnal Green and one of their children was possibly James Thomas Macaree. Emma Macaree died Dec 1880 aged 35 in Bethnal Green. I believe he then went on the marry Mary Jane Fletcher in Sept 1884 in Shoreditch and they went on to have, amongst others, Eleanor Mary Macaree.

Will try and sort my head out and see where Annie comes in - hopefully back shortly

p.s. Origially you were looking for a link between Eleanor Mary and James Thomas, so I concentrated on that. Now looking for Annie.

Comment

I'm with you now John The link is quite a tenuous one isn't it :D
            It would seem that your friends Granddads (John Smith?) second wife was previously married to the half brother of Kathleen mother!! Have I got that right :D

Comment

Right I see what you mean now
              Your correct it is a real tenuous link, I think he will be a bit dissapointed that there is no direct connection, but pleased that
              we have got to the bottom of it. (or rather you have )
              Thanks again..John
              Last edited by john_harvey; 16-05-11, 12:26.

Comment

It's a pleasure Hope I have it right. It's only all guesswork of course.

Comment

I am sure you right.
                  Thanks again......John

Comment

Working...
                  X