Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble with FMP? (15 May 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble with FMP? (15 May 2011)

I've not been able to get anything useful out of FMP all afternoon. I can get signed in, but searches just come up with a page of gobbledegook, starting:
    HTTP Status 500 -
    type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    I get the same with both Safari and Firefox.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

It seems to be working OK for me if I do a specific search, e.g. a census search - but if I try to do a general search across the whole site (from the home tab) I get an error message.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine - I was starting from the home page.

I got the same problem trying to search across all the military databases, but it's OK for an individual database.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Well, last night I tried to do a 1911 search and I put in all the correct details and it kept coming back and saying there were two letters missing, and
        wouldn't go any further. I have no idea what it meant as all the details were there. Searching by address worked ok.
        David
        Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
          I've not been able to get anything useful out of FMP all afternoon. I can get signed in, but searches just come up with a page of gobbledegook, starting:

I get the same with both Safari and Firefox.

Christine
          I also had the same,so what i did was shut the laptop down & start again & been ok since....
          Kaz.
          "Genealogy -disturbing the dead,and irritating the living"

Comment

Goggledygook for me too. Have shut down, restarted, left it alone, come back the next day, had several cups of tea and I'm just stuck on the HTTP 500 thing - now I'm off to work at silly o'clock in the morning (tried to take them by surprise!) and it still doesn't like me
            J

Comment

Goggledygook for me too. Have shut down, restarted, left it alone, come back the next day, had several cups of tea and I'm just stuck on the HTTP 500 thing - now I'm off to work at silly o'clock in the morning (tried to take them by surprise!) and it still doesn't like me
              J
              and now this has posted twice - maybe I should go back to bed

Comment

same here last night and this morning although I can get straight in via google search
                Sue ;)

Comment

Message from FMP (on Facebook)
                  We’re confident we’ve fixed the problems with the site so your service should now be back to normal. Sorry again for any inconvenience this caused you – and thanks for your patience while we fixed it. Happy searching!
                  Elaine

Comment

Nice to know it was them and not us. Thanks
                    David
                    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

i was having problems with bmds indexes.......hope they dont have a repeat!

Comment

Working...
                      X