FTM 2011: An error occurred while servicing your request. Please try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2011: An error occurred while servicing your request. Please try again

I get this message in the lower right pane, when clicking on a web search result for the "Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921", the "Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Burials, 1813-1974" and in fact any other Liverpool records.

It is still possible to view the data in the upper panes, including the links to the original document images.

This means that the web merge function is unavailable although I could manually create the appropriate facts and copy data etc into them.

All other indices appear to work correctly. I've reported this the FTM but they appear to get slower and slower in responding. Has anyone else got this problem.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and IE9 (although this appears to be an internal FTM browser issue).

Alec

Hi Alec, I too get this msg for several indices. I've just purchased FTM 2011 and have converted my files and now started checking and merging etc but these are annoying. I've done several things like rebooting, restarting FTM etc and nothing seems to improve it.

My system is Windows 7 on a 64bit pc. I use Firefox browser and the same indices come up correctly when logged in to A.com so why can't this A.com software receive the information. Is there some setting that I haven't done?

I'm new to this forum and new to this software so if anyone can help I love to know what to do and if FTM visit this forum then could they say some here also.

regards
    Last edited by Barbershopjohn; 25-07-11, 13:12.

Comment

There were a number of updates for 2011 that were on the FTM site, one of which stated it "resolved issues with using web merging of files".
      Have you checked that you have the latest updates installed?

Click on help and then Update
      If it says that you need to use administrator rights to do this, you need to close the FTM program and then right-click on the FTM.exe file and tell Windows to open it as an administrator

Genealogy.com also have forums for users of FTM

Just scroll down the page to see the FTM section
      Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 25-07-11, 19:12.

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

tks Trevor,
        I am using the latest version and no I don't have any problem re installation etc. I see now that I can get info from some of the Indices but not the one called West Yorkshire, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813 - 1906 and I'll continue checking for others now.

Comment

It looks like merging is now working for the Liverpool records. Can't help feeling that ancestry are loosing the plot. Yesterday I was suddenly logged off and then I couldn't log on again. Found that the user name had mysteriously changed. Keep getting script errors when displaying original documents and search results are sometimes quite bizarre such that the only way to get a "hit" is to put in the exact details - surely that is defeating the object.

Alec

Comment

Working...
          X