Gatwick baby abandoned at birth BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatwick baby abandoned at birth BBC

I just watched the end of this program and it was emotional but thought that if some of you have missed it too then you may like to find it on i player as I will be watching it later this week. 24 years ago.

Edna

I watched it too.

Very touching......in the end, I thought, he found out so little but it was such a lot to him.

Linda

Comment

Sound interesting Edna I'll watch it later. Thanks for letting us know.

This is the link to the programme

Comment

That looks good Edna, thanks for the link Sharon, i'll watch it this afternoon!
        Jacky

Comment

thought it quite sad they have Baby Hatches in some countries where women could put their Babies if they didn't want them rather than dumping them anywhere.

Comment

I have just watched this (I missed the start of it though) - I think it was screened a week later in Scotland.
            It was very interesting and I thought his idea about all those involved writing a letter for the abandoned child's case file a very good one.
            I also though it very strange that there is not a national policy for abandoned children.
            Hopefully this will be rectified.
            Yes, a very thought provoking programme and quite sad - how lucky we are to be able to trace our ancestors back through many generations!
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
            X