No announcement yet.

Anybody tried the new FMP Irish stuff ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried the new FMP Irish stuff ?

and more to the point did you find anything useful??? is it worth me buying credits ??
    Thanks

Hi Val,

I couldn't find anything on my GGGGranddad or anyone else so didn't bother to buy any credits

Linda

Comment

hi Linda I am wondering about it as some of my names are so common could be anybody in the search results ? thanks

Comment

Hi again Val,

I know what you mean. they didn't have that many different surnames either did they? My GGGGrandad was called Pierce Butler which I thought would have been fairly uncommon but there are loads of them......and John Carroll...well!!. Would cost you a fortune.

Linda

Comment

LOL, I've got a John Carroll, born Ireland c 1851, marrying into one of my Irish Northumberland families!!!

I've used the search facility for my gt-grandparents, in the hope of finding their marriage and baptisms, but there is nothing at all. However, I've looked at what records are included and there's very little in the way of parish records.
          I think it's probably a question of revisiting the site from time to time to see what's been added. At present I shalln't be buying credits as it's pre-1860 church records I need.

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Linda I am amazed there are lots of Pierce Butlers??? no hope for my Keegans then .
            Think your right Janet and it may pay to wait a while .

Comment

What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to get out of the FMP Ireland tweets and archive. I can't find the search facility at all!! Help!!
              Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Will this take you to the search facility, Polly?

Trace your ancestry and build a family tree by researching extensive birth records, census data, obituaries and more - over 5 billion records - start today!

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank you Jay!! Yes it did. Goodness what I'd done before. When it was first mooted, I saved the link on my desktop and that must have been just the discussion about it I suppose. Oh well, thank you!
                  Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Yes. Just to test the content, I searched for the marriage of my great-grandparents in 1876, and of my great-great-grandparents in 1848, but neither was there.
                    Joy

Comment

it doesnt look very much like its worth bothering with then does it ?

Comment

FMP add to their collections all the time. I would think that it is worth waiting and keep checking back.
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:
                        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

elizabeth is right. at the moment it doesn't look helpful at all. but they are very good with what they add, so i think by the end of the year, it could very well be the site for irish heritage.

Comment

Working...
                          X