Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinion please part 1

im having trouble locating 2 deaths.

the first is elizabeth buckenham nee dove. she was born in 1811 in eye, suffolk. she married james buckenham in 1834, langdon hills, essex.

1841: in langdon hills, essex with james b.1790, daughter elizabeth b.1836, son james b.1839, and robert b.1841.

1851: langdon hills, great bursted, with james b.1788 great oakley, essex, and sons james b.1839 langdon hills, and robert b.1841 langdon hills.

by 1861, her husband and 2 sons were dead. i dont recall the years of my head, but i have the burial data. she is staying with charles buckenham b.1790 great oakley and his wife hannah b.1801 eye, suffolk. hannah was elizabeth's sister. this census page is difficult to read.

in 1871, elizabeth is 50, born suffolk, staying in cardigan, wales. she is with her daughter elizabeth b.1839, now shaw, her husband william b.1830, billericay, essex, and grandchildren, all listed by initials if memory serves me correctly.

i cannot find elizabeth buckenham after 1871. i have looked at all of wales in freebmd, and nothing stands out. any advice?

the only likely death I can find is Elizabeth Buckenham born 1811 died Dec 1871 Mitford Norfolk 4B 213 maybe she left Wales?

Comment

Kyle

Could this possibly be a death:

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915 about Elizabeth Buckenham
      DOB: about 1816
      Age at Death: 56
      District: Ipswich
      County: Suffolk
      Volume: 4a
      Page: 376

Carol

Comment

forget that found her in 1871 and not yours

Comment

Hi
          I noticed that in 1871 she is down as E. BuckINGham widow age 50 no birthplace given.
          Have you tried looking for her death as a BuckINgham & being as she was only 50 perhaps she married again?
          Moggie

Comment

just realised she says born in 1821 in 1871 and not 1811 ????

Comment

hi everyone, i've serched under buckENham, buckINGham, and buck*ham. i've looked all through wales. i don't know if she died there, but her daughter also goes missing after 1871.
              the 1871 census is wrong, if you look closely at the black blob where her age was scribbled out, it does say 60, the enumerator later put 50. i suspect something was wrong with the page, as it seems it was hastily put together.
              i think i briefly looked for remarriages, but couldn't find one in the right area.
              william took the family back to essex by 1881, as he appears there age 45 as a widower, with three of the children. the easiest to find the page is looking for pembroke shaw b.1862.

Comment

she's driving me nuts!! i wish i could find her death!

Comment

Kyle how about this poss for a remarriage:-

1881 census Newport Monmouthshire 1 skinner st

Elizabeth Piper aged 71 widow born Eyke Suffolk mother of

Susan Davies widow aged 40 also born Eyke

grandchildren Ida 15 and Eva 11

Then I found a marriage for Elizabeth Buckman j/a/s 1873 east Grinstead Sussex to Demas Piper

Might be a help if you can't find her death under Buckenham??

Liz
                  my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

was a good shot liz, but that elizabeth piper is an innkeeper in newport in 1871. b.1811, suffolk.

Comment

oh pity about that.

Liz
                      my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Working...
                      X