Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard William Warsop

Hi all,
    Could someone confirm what children Bernard William Warsop b. 1882 in Nottingham & his wife Annie Elizabeth Warsop b.1881 in Nottingham had living with them in the 1911 census please, they were living at 3 Soho, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire in 1911. Also does it say how many children born & how many living/died please?
    Many thanks
    Last edited by jadzia; 06-05-11, 02:56. Reason: Added a bit
    Ness

Hi there,

They had the following children living with them:
    Bernard b. 1902, Melton Mowbray
    Ellen b. 1904, Nottingham
    Clara b. 1910, Melton Mowbray

Bernard (the elder) is recorded as a labourer at iron works (blast furnace) and they have had 6 children, 2 of whom have died.

Interestingly, on the image you can see that they originally put down their son Albert W, b. approx. 1900 on the form as well, then he was crossed out with the annotation "Not at home". Also, in the children died column, "5" or "3" (obscured by the line) was originally written and crossed out to "2".

Hope that helps

Comment

Yes it helps alot....thank you I really appreciate your help. I didn't know about Ellen. It's quite a sad story after 1911 (my great great uncle) Bernard & his wife had three more children all of them died aswell at least two of them from measles & then my g.g uncle Bernard died shortly after during WW1.
      Ness

Comment

Happy to help. Awful when you find families where so many of the children died young, isn't it :(

Comment

Working...
        X