4th hussars records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th hussars records?

I wonder if anyone could help me find my gt grandfather's military records if they exist.

He was Frederick George Andrews born 1860 in Hampshire (Binsted/Alton) and we have a large oil painted portrait of him in 4th Hussars uniform which has been passed down the family. I know he was no longer in the army when he married in 1888 and I think he may have left by 1881 as I've found him on the census living with his cousin,Frank Parker. My gt aunt,one of his daughters, believed he was company sergeant major.

I have Ancestry sub but found nothing. I wondered if anyone with Find my past sub might be able to find his records on there

Thanks for looking

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

the chelsea pensioners have 2 frederick george andrews in them, but neither are your man, they both 1900-1913.

Comment

that's the only one on fmp that he would in. the rest is wwI records.

Comment

Thanks for looking Kyle, my search goes on !

Liz

Comment

here's a thought. contact kevin asplin, he is a military researcher, and goes to kew often.

Comment

thankyou Kyle I'll do that. I wonder if there's any record for him under George Andrews ? He sometimes used George on some of the censuses. He had a very good friend in the army called Jack Munro whoe family got him a job when they came out of the army.

Liz

Comment

Working...
            X