• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Registration district??

I am not too good on areas am looking for the birth regs of
    Thomas Rose abt 1905 Seven Kings Essex
    Charles Rose abt 1906 Ilford Essex

which reg districts would they likely be in ??? thanks

Ilford would have come under the Romford registration district.
    Not sure about Seven Kings, but as it seems to be very close to Ilford then it's probably the same.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine

Comment

I have a pdf file listing hundreds (thousands?) of place names and the registration districts they belong to. If you'd like a copy, let me know.
        Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Thanks for sending me the list. I'm often not sure which districts cover which places - this will help enormously.
          Margaret

Comment

If I have any doubts about registration districts, I tend to look here:

I have downloaded one of those pdf lists - and a later update of it, I think!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Ah! Thank you Christine! I was struggling to remember where I found this list - and this is the one!
              Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

thanks for that Christine

Comment

Working...
                X