Albert Mitchell/Royal Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Mitchell/Royal Artillery

I'm trying to find more information about Albert Mitchell. His FMP record indicates he entered the RAs in 1859 - at age 14 yrs, 10 mon! - and retired in 1887. There's some interesting information about him, except one thing: name of his father.

He married in Gibraltar in 1869.

Are there any other records out there that I should/can track down? Is there a way to track down the marriage record without buying it?

Thanks!

Is that not him on FMP 1851 census Albert Mitchell born Stepney. Father John?

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
      Is there a way to track down the marriage record without buying it?
      Not that I am aware of ... and a word of warning. The army marriage certificates often differ to the normal English ones and you don't always get the name of the father on it!
      Elaine

Comment

If that 1851 census is correct following along the census.. on one father is down as JB Mitchell and then on 1891 as John Bidgood Mitchell.

Baptism records shows John Bidgood Mitchell baptised 25th December 18-8 St. Lukes Old Street Middx. Father William, Mother Martha

Linda

Comment

Yes, we think that is Albert w/ father John in 1851 ('41 too, as I recall). But the name is not uncommon, and we thought We should have something more definitive. RA Albert doesn't use family names for his children.

Would you accept them as the same person without further proof?

Thanks
          Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X