Any ideas for a Birth in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas for a Birth in USA

I badly want to find the Birth record of a William Taylor born abt 1872 in Pennsylvania
    Hoping to find his parents names Eliza and possibly Joseph both born in England

I have found others on the Familysearch site but cant remember what I did before
    Thanks

I think the US 1880 census is on familysearch.
    Anne

Comment

thanks Anne I have him in the 1880 census thats the first time he appears, but I know there is a search on Familysearch which gives birth records which tell you the name of the parents, except I cannot remember how I did it .

Comment

Val, have just checked and there are no baptism records on FamilySearch for Pennsylvania.
        Elaine

Comment

oh isnt there Elaine ??? thanks for looking I know I got some in Boston Massachusettes so assumed they would be available too?

Comment

FamilySearch doesn't have the birth certificate, but I like this death certificate:
            William H G Taylor, b. Feb 2, 1872, d Jun 15, 1945 in Cuyahoga, Ohio
            Father: Joseph Taylor, born London England,
            Mother Eliza Sparring, born England

You can see the actual certificate (it has more info, including the informant) if you have or create an FS login.
            Here's the link: https://www.familysearch.org/search/....r/M3HJ-B8S/p1

Comment

oh Photofamily you are brilliant never thought to look for his death ???? thanks so much for the link too.
              Whats an FS Login ??? please

Comment

From the upper right hand corner of www.familysearch.org, click sign in
                The next screen is a login screen, with an option to create a new account.

happy trails!
                Sarah

Comment

thanks Sarah managed it and now have the death cert very helpful

Comment

I'd suggest an email to the genealogy research assistant and ask where you can find an obit:

Comment

Working...
                    X