McCauley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCauley

Can anyone find anything on the wife of Robert McCauley (1816-1890)? Her name was Jane and she was born in Pennsylvania on 7 Feb 1820 and died Waushara, Wisconsin on 6 Dec 1892. Also, any information regarding Robert would be helpful. He was born in Ireland and was a soldier in the civil war. I would also like to know what kind of injury he was discharged for.

Thanks,

Nicole

have you tried the census? it seems you have her birth and death details, do we assume that's from a headstone, or do you have certs? is there soldier's records for the civil war?

Comment

Footnotes.com and Ancestry, I think, will have the index for pension records for the Civil War, and they are your best bet for surviving records. There is no guarantee that your ancestor applied for a pension, however. Once you have the index, you have to request the pension record from the feds (fee for the service).

I'm guessing you already found them in the 1880 census. As you may know, there's little that survives from the 1890 census. And you probably have found them on FindAGrave.

Since you know where and when they died, your best bet is to find the obits and death certificates for them. A local genealogy society can probably tell you where those can be found. Google the town and "genealogy" to find the gensoc.

Irish births are difficult, especially without more information. Hopefully the obits or DCs will narrow the search for you. You can look in www.FamilySearch.org, www.rootsireland.ie, and others.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
      X