• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation please

Hi

Can someone translate the following message for me please

Christine

[EMAIL="Avec du muguet de mon jardin… le brin attaché doit vous porter bonheur
    (dit-on) il a 13 clochettes) . Jean-Marie

IMG_9338

google translation: With thrush in my garden ... the strand attached to bring you luck
    (said) he has 13 bells

i assume it has something to do with a garden and bells.

Comment

Muguet in my dictionary is lily of the valley so that would make sense with the 13 bells
      Jackie

Comment

Just found this

In France there is a lovely tradition of giving sprigs of lily of the valley to one’s friends on the 1st of May to wish them luck. The muguet or lily of the valley originated in Japan but has been known and cultivated in France since the Middle Ages. It is the symbol of the renewal of Spring and is also associated with happiness and bringing good luck
        Jackie

Comment

with some lily of the valley from my garden...... it is said a stem should bring you happiness if (or when) it has 13 little bells (the tiny flowers on the stem of lily of the valley are bell-shaped)
          my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

Thank you I was abit puzzled when I started reading the answers to my question because on another forum I sent a message some time ago to a French man asking for advice on tracing my French ancestors and today I found this message in my box.

But thank you all anyway I hope my lily of the valley brings me luck.

Christine

Comment

Working...
            X