Mary Elizabeth Hamblin B: c1882 Cheltenham, Glos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Elizabeth Hamblin B: c1882 Cheltenham, Glos

I am trying to find the marriage of Mary Elizabeth Hamblin. I can trace her on the 1901 census as a servant in Wandsworth, London, shown as Hamblyn. but there the trace goes a little cold. Can anyone give me any pointers please?

Thanks
    Twigs

Do you know she definitely married? Maybe we should be looking for a death?

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

If I've found the correct person, she was born in Prestbury, Glos, not Cheltenham. Prestbury people only rarely gave their birthplace as Cheltenham, in my experience. I'm mentioning it in case anyone is looking for her in 1911.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

It looks as if the birth is recorded in 1882, Cheltenham District (Charlton Kings), via the Gloucester BMD site (http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/MainMenu.aspx), with mmn = HARRIS.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It looks as if the birth is recorded in 1882, Cheltenham District (Charlton Kings), via the Gloucester BMD site
          Yes, and she had 7 siblings. According to the 1911 census her parents, John and Hannah had 8 children, 2 of whom had died. I think I have identified those two as Philip and Charles. If that's correct Mary Elizabeth must still have been alive - somewhere!

scuda

Comment

Then I guess you have the parents' 1865 marriage at St Giles, Maisemore, too?

In case anyone else is looking, six of the children show up immediately on the Gloucs site - including Philip and Charles.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Maybe she emigrated?

scuda

Comment

FMP has just disappeared so I can't go back and check... but I think I did look without success.

Christine

Comment

Hi both

Thank you for taking the time to look, yes you have the right family.
                  I have checked the 1911 census to no avail. I did think that perhaps she may have emigrated, unfortunately I do not have access to passenger lists so couldn't check this out. I am very grateful for your input.

Twigs

Comment

Working...
                  X