Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Shenton family

Hi All

Can anyone sort out the Shenton family in this 1911 census entry for my Fenemores.
    RG14PN18209 RG78PN1100 RD385 SD2 ED20 SN306
    i.e. marriage and births

Regards
    Mike
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Hi Mike, Can't seem to get that up using the reference can you give the details you used on the search so I can have a look for you.
    Margaret

Comment

Hi
      The address is 82 Wright Street, Aston Warwickshire.
      Lucy Fenemore age 56 is the Head. Still trying to work out if the Shentons are related to her.
      Moggie

Samuel Shenton age 38 comes up as her son in law.
      Rose Shenton age 32 is her daughter.
      Last edited by maudarby; 29-04-11, 08:18.

Comment

Here's Rose Fenemore (mis-transcribed as Finnemore) in 1891 with mum Lucy and dad Charles RG12; Piece: 2411; Folio 133; Page 41;
        Margaret

Comment

Marriage for Charles Henry Fenemore & Lucy Clarke Sep 1878 Birmingham reg district.
          Moggie

Comment

Can't see a marriage for Rose Fennemore to Samuel Shenton so far. Eldest child 7 years so should be around 1903 -ish.
            Margaret

Comment

Here's Rose with mum and dad and looks like twin brother in 1881 RG11; Piece: 2982; Folio: 93; Page: 20

Comment

Here's a possible marriage for Rose - not to Samuel Shenton though

Marriages Jun 1902 (>99%)
                Bailey Emma Birmingham 6d 3
                Cole William Henry Birmingham 6d 3
                Finnemore Rose Birmingham 6d 3
                Holmes George John W P Birmingham 6d 3

Comment

They give 1901 as their year of marriage on the 1911 census but I can't find the marriage either.
                  Moggie

Comment

Moggie, Where did you see their year of marriage on 1911? I can't see it.
                    Margaret

Comment

Here's the birth of Lucy Shenton which the certificate would show who her mother was

Violet Lucy Shenton
                      Year of Registration: 1904
                      Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Stoke Upon Trent County: Staffordshire
                      Volume: 6b Page: 254

Comment

And Joseph

Joseph Shenton
                        Year of Registration: 1908
                        Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Stoke Upon Trent County: Staffordshire
                        Volume: 6b Page: 230

Comment

Hi Margaret
                          A bit of trial & error until it came up as 1901.
                          Rose & Samuel SHENTON
                          Exact Marriage Year 1901 County Warwickshire Residence 82 WRIGHT STREET
                          Moggie

Comment

Hi Moggie

Were is that marriage from ? can you find it in the BMD inedex?
                            Last edited by Mike Fisher; 29-04-11, 16:40.
                            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Hi Mike
                              It's the year that they said they were married on the 1911 census form.
                              My grandparents said in 1911 that they were married in 1898.Actually, they never married because he was already married to someone else!
                              Moggie

Samuel & the 3 children were born in Stoke on Trent.
                              Last edited by maudarby; 29-04-11, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                                Hi Mike
                                It's the year that they said they were married on the 1911 census form.
                                My grandparents said in 1911 that they were married in 1898.Actually, they never married because he was already married to someone else!
                                Moggie

Samuel & the 3 children were born in Stoke on Trent.
                                I couldn't see anything on the image for their marriage as they are not the householders. The children and length of marriage is only given for Lucy Fenemore as far as I can see.
                                Margaret
                                Last edited by margaretmarch; 29-04-11, 21:12.

Comment

So we don't have a marriage and we don't have a birth for George ?
                                  Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                                    I couldn't see anything on the image for their marriage as they are not the householders. The children and length of marriage is only given for Lucy Fenemore as far as I can see.
                                    Margaret
                                    Hi Margaret
                                    Even if a married couple were lodgers etc in someone else's house the wife was still supposed to fill in how many years they had been married.
                                    Have you looked at the actual image? I don't have access to the image but by putting in the exact marriage year as 1901 you get a match for both Samuel & Rose Shenton.Is this a transcription error?
                                    Moggie

I can't c & p the results on here because that would infringe copyright.

Comment

I can find no Samuel or Rose Shenton marrying in 1901 , I can in 1910 but they are in different registration district.
                                      Can anyone kill them or the children off or re-marry ?
                                      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                                        Hi Margaret
                                        Even if a married couple were lodgers etc in someone else's house the wife was still supposed to fill in how many years they had been married.
                                        Have you looked at the actual image? I don't have access to the image but by putting in the exact marriage year as 1901 you get a match for both Samuel & Rose Shenton.Is this a transcription error?
                                        Moggie

I can't c & p the results on here because that would infringe copyright.
                                        Yes, I have looked at the image and it doesn't give any of the details that a married couple with children give ie number of years married, No children born in the marriage and No still alive. I have never used that method of searching. Where do you enter the marriage year?
                                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X