Lincolnshire records - new website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnshire records - new website

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so if not, can a mod move it for me please?

is a new website listing thousands of records, including original parish registers, for Lincolnshire. It isn't officially launched until 13th May but it is working now and is an absolute treasure trove if your family came from Lincolnshire. Images can be viewed online but not copied or downloaded; you have to buy a copy via the site if you want one...although all the information is easily read online. Even when an image of a particular record isn't online they give you the reference and where it's held so that you can order directly. I've found mention of three wills for both of OH's 3xgt grandparents and his 2xgt grandfather. They aren't online but I've just posted an order for copies to Lincolnshire Archives.

I found out about this site from the Lincolnshire county council's newspaper which I've always moaned about as being a waste of taxpayer's money but now I think it's redeemed itself!

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Thanks Ann.
    It must be in the news at the moment because Glen posted the same link yesterday!
    It has been added to the Lincolnshire page in the Reference Library.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. I think it is in the local news because Lincolnshire County Council are publicising it.

Ann
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
      X