The death of the Herrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of the Herrings

Hello , I am trying to find the death of Edith Herring nee Bailey born in 1886 , and her husband Alfred Edward Herring. Alfred Edward was born in Wandsworth in 1885 They were married at St: Pauls Battersea in 1906. They had 2 children Florance in 1907 and George in 1908. But then the the trail goes cold. Can anyone please help. I have no certificates to help I would like to know when they died.
    Thank you
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Sorry of to lunch

Comment

Hi Sheila,
      I may have found them in the 1911 census. Is it possible that both Florence and George died young? The entry I have shows them living in Wandsworth, married 5 years, having had two children, both of whom had died. Alfred was a tram conductor, born in Wandsworth, it says in 1883 so slightly out there, Edith born in 1885 in Battersea.

I then looked for other possible Herring/Bailey births and found an Edith P Herring born in Q2 1919 in Richmond, Surrey, mother's maiden name "Bailey". Apparently Richmond is about 5 km from Wandsworth, and an Alfred E Herring died in Q3 1925 aged 41 in Richmond.

I couldn't find anything likely for a death for Edith, maybe she remarried?

Comment

There are deaths for both a Florence Herring (Dec qtr 1906) and a George (Mar qtr 1908) Herring in Wandsworth. Both are listed as age 0. So sad.

Just found a marriage for Edith M Herring to Charles H S Guy in Wandsworth Sept qtr 1927.

Update: Probably not the right Edith though, as on her marriage to Alfred she was listed as Edith Emily F Bailey.
        Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 27-04-11, 09:39.
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

There's a 1928q3 marriage of an Edith F HERRING to Hedley J A SAPSFORD in Edmonton... but the likely Edmonton death is 1950q1, aged 50.

The only other one which could be a match if she didn't remarry seems to be... 1952q3 Warwick: Edith E HERRING age 69
          You'd need to check if she could be someone else.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I am sorry that I have not said Thank you before, but I got side tracked with another puzzle of the Bailey Clan. Once again Thank you
            Sheila ;o)

Comment

Working...
            X